What year is my 4hp 2 stroke please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What year is my 4hp 2 stroke please.

Hi all I'm new here, it's my first time posting. I've just purchased a 4hp 2 stroke and I can't seem to find a id plate. Is there any way I can determine the year and any info for ordering new parts?

Is the month and year of manufacture plate also missing?

Look on the block for a decal that has a white bar with some numbers on it. Usually near the electric starter motor if there is one. What are those numbers?

Comment

Yes the month and year plate also missing. It's a manual start, can't find any numbers. The only one I can find are y-2 & 6eo-o1 stamped on engine block.
      Last edited by Campbell80; 08-28-2017, 04:50 PM.

Comment

If all of the ID plates and decals are gone there is little to no way that I know of to verify absolutely the year of the motor. Maybe take a look at the carburetor for a 6E0 marking and then maybe two more digits. -03 will be an early motor and a -05 will be a later motor.

Yamaha USA offered a 4 HP two stroke from 1984 thru 1999. More than likely not much difference between them.

If you think the motor is really old then take a look at parts for a 1980 vintage motor. If the motor looks relatively new, take a look at parts for a late 1990's vintage motor. Maybe compare the part number between the early models and the late models. They may very well be one and the same part number. I doubt there were many changes in the 4 HP motors.

Assumes you are from the US and the motor was delivered in the US.

Comment

Working...
        X