Can it charge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can it charge

I was hoping someone could tell me if my outboard I inherited from my father could charge a battery for a fish finder and electric downriggers. I don't know much about it, and sent the info to Yamaha which told me that it is a 2008 F15MLHG production date November 2007.

They also said it could not charge a battery. Does anyone know if it could be added?

What is the complete ID of the motor? Begins with the number 6.

The F15MLHG was not offered here in the US. I suspect that you are from some other country.

I am guessing that your model did not come with a rectifier/regulator and related components, which on a US model F15CMLH are alternate parts. More than likely the same with your model. You can buy and install alternate parts so that your motor can charge a battery.

2006 and Later F15CMLH Yamaha Outboard ELECTRICAL 2 Diagram and Parts

Comment

Sorry, I should have mentioned that I am from Canada. Here is a picture of the complete tag attached.
      Attached Files

Comment

The Yam Can parts catalog shows the same alternate parts for the installation of a r/r.

Comment

So in theory if I get the rectifier regulator assembly it should be able to charge?

Comment

Originally posted by kmcghee1 View Post
            So in theory if I get the rectifier regulator assembly it should be able to charge?
            No theory, get the parts and it will charge....as noted above.

Happy Fishing

Comment

Originally posted by kmcghee1 View Post
              as long as you have a working lighting coil and hook up the R&R properly

Comment

Working...
              X