Need Stator 6H0 85510 10 00 for B90 TLRV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Stator 6H0 85510 10 00 for B90 TLRV

Any ideas for a replacement stator 6HO 85510 10 00 for a 1997 Yamaha B90 TLRV?
    Part is no longer made and have searched high and low for used or rebuilt part.
    Thanks from Ninilchik Alaska

maybe Boscoe can say if the 6H0-85510-02-00 or the 6H0-85510-03-00 will work on that motor

Comment

I just looked again and his number is 10-00 not 01-00.

I think he miss posted that

Comment

I will start over. I might have confused myself.

A B90TLRV was delivered with a 6H0-85510-01-00 stator.

1997 B90TLRV Yamaha Outboard GENERATOR Diagram and Parts

Shown as being available used on the inner web

https://www.ebay.com/p/Yamaha-6H0-85...ASY/1524354533

I suspect that the -01-00 was replaced by the -02-00 which was then replaced by the -03-00 stator. But unfortunately Yamaha US's records don't indicate this.

A 1999 90TLRX was delivered with a 6H0-85510-01-00 stator. A 1999 B90TLRX was delivered with a 6H0-85510-01-00 stator. In 2000 a 90TLRY was delivered with a 6H0-85510-02-00 stator. There was no B90 for 2000.

Flywheel cover, rotor, pulser coil and everything else related to the electrical generation system is the same. Based on all of this, it indicates to me that the 00-00, -01-00, -02-00 and -03-00 are all interchangeable. The -03-00 is available from a Yamaha dealer.

Drive on.
        Last edited by boscoe99; 08-25-2017, 11:32 AM.

Comment

Thanks, looks like wiring connections different

Thanks, guys and you are correct, I mistyped the p/n and it should have been a 6H0-85510-01-00 for my 97.
          I looked closely at the parts diagrams and it appears that there is a difference in wiring connectors for the 01 vs. the 02. Am I correct that the stator goes to the CDI Unit Assy, which also changed from an 03 to an 04, thus maybe a different wire connection?
          The 04 CDI unit is a $518 item (Boats.net), so with a new $374 02 Stator I will be a grand into this in parts to see if it will work. Are there any other components that the Stator would plug into?
          For now, I will go with the used one on eBay. Thanks again.
          Last edited by AKBarndoor; 08-25-2017, 10:35 PM. Reason: left out importent item

Comment

Nothing is ever easy or simple is it?

The stator has two outputs. One is for the charge coil to the CDI. The other is for the lighting coil to the rectifier/regulator. It appears that the lighting coil output leads changed from individual bullet connects to a consolidated connector.

I compared a 2000 R/R to a 1999 R/R. The later year part shows a single connector being used in lieu of bullet connectors.

A -01-00 stator going to a -02-00 stator should be form, fit and function interchangeable. In this instance, maybe not. because of the lighting coil connector change.

The -03-00 CDI is shown as being interchangeable with the -04-00 and later CDI.

Some have been known to cut and splice to make certain parts work on certain motors.

Comment

Comment

Timing after Replacing Stator

boscoe99 -Thanks again for the great research and detail. As stated, I am going to replace with the used stator you directed me to. Aside for tools to pull flywheel (strap wrench and threaded flywheel puller) I assume there may be the need to time (adjust) stator position after the replacement. Any insights on this?
                Regards

Comment

Originally posted by AKBarndoor View Post
                  boscoe99 -Thanks again for the great research and detail. As stated, I am going to replace with the used stator you directed me to. Aside for tools to pull flywheel (strap wrench and threaded flywheel puller) I assume there may be the need to time (adjust) stator position after the replacement. Any insights on this?
                  Regards
                  The stator position is fixed. It cannot be adjusted. The flywheel position is fixed. It cannot be adjusted. Any timing changes are done electrically within the CDI.

Good luck with pulling the flywheel. That is the hardest part of the job.

Comment

be careful when screwing the bolts into the flywheel, going too deep can do damage to things under there

Comment

Pulling the Flywheel

Thanks for the advise and information. Do you know the bolt (3 each) thread size that I will screw into the flywheel to pull it?
                      I will report back on the job after I get part and tools.
                      Regards

Comment

Working...
                      X