Outboard issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outboard issue

I have a 2004 f100 fourstroke. In the pass few days it has been shutting of when barley above neutral but then starts right back up again. A few days ago we ran over a dock line at *****ing speed. I believe I got it all out because it started right back up after. The engine beeps then shuts off. Does any one know what this is?

Originally posted by Jake Sullivan View Post
    I have a 2004 f100 fourstroke. In the pass few days it has been shutting of when barley above neutral but then starts right back up again. A few days ago we ran over a dock line at *****ing speed. I believe I got it all out because it started right back up after. The engine beeps then shuts off. Does any one know what this is?
    Did you remove prop to inspect shaft, etc?

Comment

Originally posted by Jake Sullivan View Post
      I have a 2004 f100 fourstroke.
      Hmmm.
      Yamaha site seems to show they didn't make the F100 (for US market, anyway) after the 2003 Model Year.
      Up to that point it was a carbureted motor.

The engine "beeps" ?

Comment

Originally posted by fairdeal View Post
        Hmmm.
        Yamaha site seems to show they didn't make the F100 (for US market, anyway) after the 2003 Model Year.
        Up to that point it was a carbureted motor.

The engine "beeps" ?
        just guessing here, but maybe he means lean sneezes and then dies.
        If so the carbs need attention

also not sure how you can have a motor barley above neutral.

maybe he means idle

as was posted making sure there is not more line wrapped up under the prop binding the shaft (motor)when in gear would be a good idea
        Last edited by 99yam40; 08-22-2017, 08:30 AM.

Comment

I was not there yesterday so I am kind of going off of what someone else was saying. But from what I could understand going really really slow in and out of the slip it would beep and shut off but start right back up again

Comment

Working...
          X