Yamaha V4 compatability.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha V4 compatability.

Hey guys. I have a 99 yamaha 130 now that has developed multiple external water leaks due to corrosion in the water jacket. I have tried to repair them but I am afraid it is a lost cause. It is a shame because it runs fantastic and has under 300hrs. I began searching for a block a few months back and have not found right around my same year that looked good.

I have done about as much research as I could to determine the differences in blocks between years. I have seen where some have used 115 blocks and most of the rebuilt powerheads are sold as 115/130 units. My understanding is the cylinder porting is different between the two. I am just looking for it to run good. Not worried about dropping a few mph.

I just took a gamble on purchasing a block local from a guy that did not know the year or size of it as he had it advertised as a yamaha v4. It looks to be in very good shape compared to mine. At $100 I am going to try to make it work if possible. My questions are is there any way to tell what year/size it is? Are all of the yamaha v4 blocks interchangeable? They look identical physically from what I see now. I am hesitant to order any parts or start stripping my engine down if it wont work.

I plan on pulling everything out of my block and swapping it over with new rings , cylinder hone, and new gaskets. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks in advanve.
Working...
X