• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha Vmax 200 (2004)

I have a brand new Vmax 200 (2004)
    It has now abiut 45 hours.
    It needs a lot of oil ( about 1:20)
    The problem I hav is that the Croatian Yamaha Service yust cahnged the gear oil and checked the plug after the break in Service.

I heard something about the oil pump adjustment after the break in phase.

Can anyone tell me how to do it? I dont trust the Yamaha service ther in Croatia ( they even had a 2002 software which they tried the first time with my motor and they did not bring the Software to work)

Thanks!

(There is also another point: My max rpm is about 4.600 rpm (with 23" and a 21" test propeller). Is there something like a software stopper during the first 50 hours?)

Is it an HPDI? or a 3.1L OX-66? Check that the oil pump arm is against the stop when the throttle is at idle, if it's not then loosen the stop nut and turn the linkage end until it is. That's about it for the oil pump adjustment. Then you should see it move full throw the other way when you open the throttle up. There's no rpm reduction by the computer during normal operation. Only a rev limiter (approx. 6250 rpm) and the S.L.O.W. mode when the ECU detects a malfunction. You can order the factory service manual from www.YamahaPubs.com, and you can order your own Yamaha Diagnostic System kit (you supply the LapTop computer...) from www.Boats.net (Central Florida Yamaha) , cost for the kit is about $250 USD. Part number is 60V-85300-02 (the last digit might change with updated software...). What kind of boat is the motor on? Depending on weight and hull design the 21 or 23" prop might be too much for it. A heavier boat will use a 17 or 19" prop. If it's a light boat the motor should turn the 21" at about 5500 rpm. Good luck.

Mike ........ Miami, FL

Comment

Hallo Mike,

thank You for Your Respone and your Help.

It's a HPDI Version. I will check the Oil Pump the next time when I'm on the Boat.

Currently I have the original Yamaha Black Steel 23". It's running about 4.700 rpm. I got a Rapture Test Prop with 21". No big differnce exept higher rpm for Crusin at 30mph. The Top Speed was a little less (about 40 mph). With the Yamaha black Steel itīs about 42 mph. But the max rpm is always about 4.600 - 4.700.

The boat has 1.080 Kg (I dont know how much in Punds) plus the Engine. I have about 260liter fuel Tank. Itīs a Italian Rib. ZAR 65 Suite (6,5m). (see: http://www.zar-formenti.com ) Lokks pretty nice and is excellent under roughwater Conditons).

Greetings from Vienna

Ralph

Comment

Hallo Mike,

I had a little error in my message. The boat has 850 kg and not 1050kg. (I just checked it at the website of Formenti)

Ralph

Comment

Ok, I checked out the Zar at their website, nice looking boat. Looks like 850kg converts to about 2,000 pounds. I would drop down to a 19" pitch three blade prop and see how that does for you. You need to get the max rpm's up in the 5500 area. I'm sure the 23 is too much prop for it. The motor is working too hard if it can't get up to it's max rpm range. Is there a shop in your area that will let you test a few props before you buy? I think you'll be happy with the 19. Good luck.

Mike

Comment

Hallo Mike,

I have bought a 19" Alu Prop.

It's now running perfect. 5.500 rpm and about 48 mph.

Thanks a lot!

I will post another Question in the Forum concerning a low oil warning and a shot engine shut down when I bump into heavier waves. I don't know if this is normal.

Comment

Working...
            X