Wheezy TNT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheezy TNT

Port TNT motor has suddenly developed a bit of a wheeze, or perhaps its more of a strained warble when operating. It works OK, but it varies a bit in pitch now and it sounds as though something ex$pen$ive is coming down the pike. Both engines trim motors sounded identical before yesterday. Batteries are fully charged and healthy.

The engines only have about 220 hours on them but are old. 2005 F225's.
    The TNT assemblies are corrosion free.

Is there anything that I check before this issue manifests itself in grand fa$hion?
    Last edited by oldmako69; 08-07-2017, 11:51 AM.

check the fluid level is the only thought I have

Comment

might try lubricating the pivot points, they can make strange noises also

Comment

Will do. I have ruled out the Turbo Entabulator. The passive flux capacitor valves are properly sequencing the stator vanes for both bi-directional and linear flow of fluid. Furthermore, the bromotriflouro methane charge is holding and all pressures are nominal. The frequency modulates under most load conditions, though the oscillation is not excessive. The preamperative rate of pressure digression within the trim / tilt bifurcation valves are within tolerance so this ought to allow full motive flow and pulse damping. This leads me to believe the the Plexis-Plate resistance is OK, and that my problem lies elsewhere - perhaps in the control section of the ovulator or phase compensator.

I'll keep digging until it fails.

Comment

A dab of grease on trim rod tips.....

Comment

You missed the wiper fluid....
            Scott
            1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

wiper fluid made me think of the 65 Tbird I had.
              wipers ran off power steering pump.
              on high it could just about sling the rubber wiper blades off

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
                on high it could just about sling the rubber wiper blades off
                My brother had a similar T-bird MANY decades ago, Dk green.. POS.. Had to spend an hour EVERYDAY, for a cold start up...
                Scott

Comment

Originally posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post
                  My brother had a similar T-bird MANY decades ago, Dk green.. POS.. Had to spend an hour EVERYDAY, for a cold start up...
                  I dropped a 352 in it when I pulled the trashed 390.
                  never had a cold start problem on it here in Tx.
                  but it does not get real cold often over here

Comment

interesting.
                    trying to remember my 62 Rambler - I know those were vacuum operated
                    I'm thinking they used the "dry" side of the cam-driven mechanical fuel pump
                    but seems there must have been a manifold vacuum component as well

because with the engine straining uphill, the wipers slowed to a crawl
                    but let off the gas, coasting, and they flew like bats out of hell

Comment

all of the vacuum powered ones I saw ran off the intake manifold vacuum. most in the 50s

Comment

This was back in the mid-late 1970's.

And it was a 390, we were up on Long Island NY and it DID get cold...
                        Scott

Comment

all of the vacuum powered ones I saw ran off the intake manifold vacuum. most in the 50s
                          intake manifold, yes - but also the fuel pump

Comment

You don't no what COLD is....unfortunately I do...

Now before you go and say "You don't know what hot is" I have been down your way several times and I definitely do not like the heat...like living in a oven to me...don't know how you guys stand it.

Comment

I worked in a magnesium casting plant back in the late 70s down here on the Tx coast. Talk about hot.
                              working around molten mag and all of the furnaces was tough in the summer.

Had a guy from NY here working with us. he told us we knew nothing about cold.
                              when winter came he was wearing thermal long jons and 2 sets of fire retardant clothes on top and he was freezing his ass off.
                              the humidity and cold wind was too much for him. he said it was better up north with the low humidity. I took his word for it as I do not like cold anyway so I do not plan on going north to find out

Comment

Working...
                              X