2007 f 250

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 f 250

I have a friend who has twin 2007 F250's on a 29 Scout Abaco. About 3 weeks ago he had the boat was sitting in the water with the motors tilted up for the weekend. There was rain over the weekend but not torrential downpours. He had an issue with one motor not starting when he went to leave and would only roll a half a turn when he bumped the key. He couldn't figure out what was wrong (batteries were new and charged) so the marina lifted it out and racked it for him. The mechanic showed up today and started to diagnose the issue and turned out it was hydra locked in the bottom two cylinders. The mechanic told him when he removed the bottom two spark plugs clear, fresh water came gushing out. My question is where/how would the water get into the block when the motor was tilted up?? Is there an opening in the air intake where rain water could get thru the cowling and down into the cylinders???

nope.
    most likely occurred when he was docking.
    those motors do not like backing down hard at all.
    not the first time I have replaced bent rods in an F250.

Comment

Just Curious, Rodbolt17 do you believe the water came in thru the exhaust opening (the round rubber opening) just below the bottom of the cowling on shut down if there was a lot of wave ripples in the water? Or, if the people on board all went to one side to get off the boat when the Captain shut down that engine?
      Asking because I have twin F250 3.3L and I wet slip (in reverse) my boat in fresh water.

Comment

no.
        I would bet it came in through the muffler tube.
        not the idle relief.
        those motors wont tolerate high speed shutdowns nor backing hard with one engine.

I do a few every year with bent rods.

Comment

been here did this .i ****ed back on the throttles before boat started to plain .bent a rod .

Comment

Thanks Rodbolt17 for your answers on this site.

Comment

This was not the case with this motor. It was taken from Dry storage after recent yearly Service and placed in the waterIt was then Idled from that slip to another slip at idle speed at Pirates cove in Stuart Fl. The boat never left the slip all week but the motors were trimmed up in typical Florida summer showers and not Started again until he was ready to put the boat back in the dry storage. Any other thoughts

Comment

Working...
              X