2006 F90 idles at 2000 rpm why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 F90 idles at 2000 rpm why?

I have a 2006 Yamaha F90 that has decided to idle at 2000 rpm upon start up and will not idle down. I have tried disconnecting the throttle cable, so it isn't a mechanical problem. I have also checked the wiring to the ISC motor and that is OK. I replaced the ISC motor and fixed the wiring last year.
    Thanks

well, the engine can't do that without air

its either the throttle plate isn't closed,
    the ISC valve is open,
    or you've got a significant intake manifold leak

Comment

Well I disconnected the battery for awhile and it started up and idled down like it is supposed to and has been running fine. Go figure.

Thanks for the reply!

Comment

Hi Bob,
        my 40 hp goes in for service with a similar problem http://www.yamahaoutboardparts.com/f...a-th28831.html. It has been an intermittent problem for two years. I hope the mechanics can sort it out and will report back to the thread.

Cutty

Comment

Well it did it again, so I got to poking around and found that one of the 4 wires going to the ISC motor was loose. I slightly crimped it and it has gone out several times with no problem. I Don't know what year yours is Cutty, but they used aluminum wire for a time that likes to break inside the coating.

Comment

I think mine is 2004. It has been in for service for a week now. The mechanics can't find anything wrong... When I last used it, it was impossible to get idle speed below 2000 without tricks, emergency enrichment handle. I'll get my Fluke out if the problem returns.

Comment

Working...
            X