No announcement yet.

2014 F90 hard to start when engine is hot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK need some clarification on what you tried since I asked several questions

Comment

Just edited last post. Sorry!

Comment

sure sounds like the vst is running out of gas if the extra air and cooling does not help

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
          sure sounds like the vst is running out of gas if the extra air and cooling does not help
          First summer dealer adjusted float in VST to hold more fuel. Said it was not adjusted correctly from factory. It actually did slightly better with that vst than this new one.

Comment

when it dies see if there is fuel in the VST or before starting it after the time you say

but seems like monitoring the fuel pressure would also show if the rail is not getting up to spec

Comment

Update......cleaned the vapor shutoff valve the other day and went to lake and tested with same results.....started checking gas/water lines for blockage with compressed air and found the line that connects to vapor shutoff valve unhooked with no cable tie on it either. Thought it might have blowed off when testing for blockage in lines. Reattached and secured with cable tie. Today was the first day that i had tested since and motor does perfect! It was either that line had been unhooked or the valve needed the cleaning.......thanks to all for the help and advise.........should i have the valve replaced under warranty or is all good now that is has been cleaned and works? Thks!

Comment

you really cannot "clean" the valve.
                however if the line from the VST to the valve is off you get a hard hot restart.
                that is part of the purpose of the valve.
                the valve works.
                warrenty does not apply.
                I think I mentioned said valve a few pages back.

Comment

Working...
                X