Yamaha F250 High Idle Help ........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
    not sure water splashed on lower cowling would get up to the to of motor where that cam sensor is located.

but pay attention to what Bosco was refering to on water traveling up fom some sensors when they leak
    There should be dried salt in different areas giving some clue. I get a little on the back of my motor from time to time.

Comment

Tape a piece of paper next to or over the sensor, run the boat for a bit as normal and check if the paper is wet..

Comment

Update

Update- picked up a cam position sensor/ new plug end and installed. Cranked up and ran for a few minutes. Still idles high at 900 RPMs. After running it, ran another diagnostic test the it still showed a cam position sensor code as well as a intake pressure sensor code.

I’m lost now ........
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Who's your daddy View Post
          Update- picked up a cam position sensor/ new plug end and installed. Cranked up and ran for a few minutes. Still idles high at 900 RPMs. After running it, ran another diagnostic test the it still showed a cam position sensor code as well as a intake pressure sensor code.

I’m lost now ........
          The code is set when the ECU does not get a proper input from the sensor.

If the sensor is working just fine, but does not get a proper input, then the sensor is going to give the ECU an improper output. The ECU will set the code.

If the sensor is working just fine, and does get a proper input, but the sensor can not convey the proper input to the ECU, the ECU will set the code.

It could very well be a wiring issue either to the sensor or from the sensor. The manual provides a test procedure for both the sensor on its own, for the input to the sensor and for the wiring.
          Last edited by boscoe99; 10-30-2017, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X