Attached Files

Comment

Download# 2
      Attached Files

Comment

Download#3
        Attached Files

Comment

Making sure all codes were cleared out, I ran it for a few minutes and ran a diagnostic and this code popped up.
          Attached Files

Comment

Imagine that!

Comment

Well I went to the boat and located the cam position sensor. It looks like the mechanic leftmoff the wiring connector to it because it was hanging down laying on the bottom of the inner pan. I looked at it and it was corroded pretty bad. Bad enough for the wires to just pull out of the connector, see pictures. I pulled out the sensor and looked at the wiring input. It also was corroded. I have ordered a new cam position sensor.

Where can I find the wiring harness for the sensor at?
              Attached Files

Comment

Forward pic of the connector
                Attached Files

Comment

I believe you will need the Whole motor harness, unless you can find something from a dead motor to splice back in.

But you might find and order the proper connector from Japan if you are lucky, but will still need to cut and splice back in

Comment

SMHW

Very odd to have that much corrosion in a connector that sits in a high and dry spot. You might want to inspect all of the other connectors as well.

Comment

I agree, needs to find out where all of that salt water is getting in unless he has lots of spray being sucked in at speed

Comment

Originally posted by Who's your daddy View Post
                        Well I went to the boat and located the cam position sensor. It looks like the mechanic leftmoff the wiring connector to it because it was hanging down laying on the bottom of the inner pan. I looked at it and it was corroded pretty bad. Bad enough for the wires to just pull out of the connector, see pictures. I pulled out the sensor and looked at the wiring input. It also was corroded. I have ordered a new cam position sensor.

Where can I find the wiring harness for the sensor at?
                        That's what I call a hard snag ( definite problem) which is a good thing. Now you can get on with the repair...

Comment

Originally posted by panasonic View Post
                          That's what I call a hard snag ( definite problem) which is a good thing. Now you can get on with the repair...
                          Use the draino!
                          Dennis
                          Keep life simple, eat, sleep, fish, repeat!

Comment

Would be nice to know if the motor has the optional speed sensor or water pressure sensor installed. They are known to allow water to get from the water side to the electrics side.

Comment

Thanks everyone. I have the cam sensor ordered as well as the connector. I will let you know if it fixes the problem.

I believe the issue with water getting into the cowling is the k-planes on my Contender go pretty far down and when I use them , they splash a lot of water on the lower side of the cowling allowing water to splash in through there.

Comment

not sure water splashed on lower cowling would get up to the to of motor where that cam sensor is located.

but pay attention to what Bosco was refering to on water traveling up fom some sensors when they leak

Comment

Working...
                                X