Identifying Model/Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Identifying Model/Year

Hey guys. I'm assisting an operator determine their engines model/year, knowing only what the label below lists and that it's located in europe. The operator suspects a model year of '82.

Jason
    1998 S115TLRW + 1976 Aquasport 170

Looks to be a 1983 model year 40FR.

Comment

I haven't been able to locate an online yamaha parts dealer that lists parts for yam engines 1983 and earlier. I've found a few that list parts for 1984. But no 40fr model in 1984 or later.

Any ideas?

The operator needs to replace the electric starter. Could the starter motor assembly from the 1984 40E be compatible?
      Jason

Comment

where is this operator and motor located?

those motors were never sold here in the US until 84 that is why you cannot find any info here.

Comment

The starter motor is one of the few parts that might have some sort of identification on it. Have your friend see what he can find. Probably will begin with the prefix 6H4.

The starter motor from early 40 HP USA models is obsolete. No longer available. I would suggest that your friend take his starter motor to an auto-electric shop who can probably repair it. For a fraction of the price of a replacement starter motor.

Or try searching the inner web. For instance

USED STARTER MOTOR YAMAHA MARINE 6H4-81800-12-00 1984-88 50LG LH ELH 40SK SJ +++ | eBay

https://www.dbelectrical.com/product...FUg7gQod1ysC5g

Comment

All good suggestions, thanks. OP and engine reside in germany.
            Jason

Comment

Hi All. I am having difficulty with identifying the year of my outboard. It is a 2-stroke 115 HP unit. Although I found tables with identification letters and numbers, I could not associate with the model number. I am attaching a picture of the engine details plate (The blanked out number to the left is a 6). So from what I can understand, the bottom left ID (6E5) is the parts code, the centre "L" means long shaft and the right hand number (306273) is the serial number. What remains is the engine code - 115AET. The 115 surely stands for the engine power, but the AET, I cannot decipher. Can somebody please help? Thanks
              Attached Files

Comment

https://www.yamaha-motor.eu/uk/infor...del-codes.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by blaise27185 View Post
                  Hi All. I am having difficulty with identifying the year of my outboard. It is a 2-stroke 115 HP unit. Although I found tables with identification letters and numbers, I could not associate with the model number. I am attaching a picture of the engine details plate (The blanked out number to the left is a 6). So from what I can understand, the bottom left ID (6E5) is the parts code, the centre "L" means long shaft and the right hand number (306273) is the serial number. What remains is the engine code - 115AET. The 115 surely stands for the engine power, but the AET, I cannot decipher. Can somebody please help? Thanks
                  Definitely an overseas model. "A" is the generation, but I'm not sure what year of manufacture this indicates. "E" is electric start and "T" is power T/T. Perhaps someone here can find the model year by deciphering the serial number. But I'd start a new thread with your question so it gets notice from others.
                  Jason

Comment

Thanks Panasonic for the link and Jason2tpa for the recommendation.

Comment

Working...
                    X