No announcement yet.

F60 - adjustment of A/F screws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, Rodbolt, you are correct. That's what I used and had great success.

I shared additional information to:

1. complete the posting. Many end up with solutions that are never posted, leaving others to wonder what happened. I hate that.

2. show that the carburetor synchronizer can also be used to zero in on which cylinder is causing the lean sneeze.

To use your words "It's as simple as that."

I couldn't control that my original thread got derailed determining if an F40 has vacuum ports. Mine always had them - never had a doubt.

Thanks to all for your contributions. Those screws hidden under the brass plugs are fully exposed on my F60 - and will be as long as I own it!

Comment

all multi carbed 4 stroke yamahas have vacuum ports for attaching a multi channel manometer.
      those brass sometimes steel caps are EPA mandated.
      autos used them since the late 70's.
      most folks have never encountered them on the old q jets,monojets and duo jets.

Comment

Originally posted by exeter27 View Post
        Yes, Rodbolt, you are correct. That's what I used and had great success.

I shared additional information to:

1. complete the posting. Many end up with solutions that are never posted, leaving others to wonder what happened. I hate that.

2. show that the carburetor synchronizer can also be used to zero in on which cylinder is causing the lean sneeze.

To use your words "It's as simple as that."

I couldn't control that my original thread got derailed determining if an F40 has vacuum ports. Mine always had them - never had a doubt.

Thanks to all for your contributions. Those screws hidden under the brass plugs are fully exposed on my F60 - and will be as long as I own it!
        Strange thing is he is not talking about a F40, he has S115 2 stroke

Comment

Anybody know if a V-8 Johnson has ports?

Comment

I would think it has exhaust and intake ports

Comment

It gets really BAD gas mileage.

Comment

and a nasty habit of using #2 con rod to shred the block.

got suckered into doing carbs on a pair of them once. about 16 hours sitting in the splashwell.

Comment

Working...
                X