250 HPDI power head removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 250 HPDI power head removal

Hi, I've done a lot of searching before posting and I cannot find the answer to this question: How many bolts hold the power head to the base? (2004 HPDI 250). I have a service manual but it only shows 2 in the rear and 4 in the front which I have removed but the motor is still very solidly attached and shows no sign of moving at all.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Originally posted by VinHay17 View Post
    Hi, I've done a lot of searching before posting and I cannot find the answer to this question: How many bolts hold the power head to the base? (2004 HPDI 250). I have a service manual but it only shows 2 in the rear and 4 in the front which I have removed but the motor is still very solidly attached and shows no sign of moving at all.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
    The service manual will also show four down each side. Total of 8 side bolts.

Comment

Well dang...I need a better manual. Thank you!!!

Comment

Do you mind telling me what manual you are using? I just checked and mine is the genuine Yamaha but the diagram leaves a lot to be desired.

Comment

OK...I am a big dummy....I found the diagram you referenced Boscoe......thank you!

Comment

Working...
          X