Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 f60

Hi!

2004 F60AET and I want to test the carbs solenoids.
    What wire from the solenoids (blue or yellow) goes to the positive and negative of power source?

Not solenoids. What Yamaha calls Primestart.

Being a purely resistive device the wire connections should not matter. But...

Last edited by boscoe99; 06-07-2017, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Problem with cold starting this motor ?

Comment

Right, Prime start. Dont know what I was thinking... My other motors use this system so is not something new for me.

Once you supply me a document that show how many mm the needle shoud extend but dont mention any connections.

Thanks Boscoe!

Just want to clean the carbs properly and test the prime start

Comment

Can you follow the blue wire back to where it goes/comes from?

See post #12 in this thread. The second illustration. Is that your configuration?

http://www.yamahaoutboardparts.com/f...t-th28616.html

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
            Can you follow the blue wire back to where it goes/comes from?

See post #12 in this thread. The second illustration. Is that your configuration?

http://www.yamahaoutboardparts.com/f...t-th28616.html

lol

Embarrassing...

As Rod says... Just had to use the tool over my shoulders!

But I didnt remember that option and learned a little more today.

Thanks

Comment

So does the CDI turn the Prime start heater unit on and off by closing the negative/ground(black) wire?
              or is the negative always grounded letting the heater work when the key is on or while motor is running?

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
                So does the CDI turn the Prime start heater unit on and off by closing the negative/ground(black) wire?
                or is the negative always grounded letting the heater work when the key is on or while motor is running?
                That is what I want to know. Hopefully Mr. Alemtelo can do a test and let us know. All of the carburetor PS devices I was formerly familiar with had a continuous voltage and ground any time the motor was running. The type used on a particular F60C model appears to be different. Yamaha likes to keep us guessing. Almost nothing is ever the same.

By the way, a blue wire is used in this instance as a switched ground. Black is used when the ground is not switched (always present).

As yellow is a switched voltage source (red being constant battery power) blue is used when the CDI/ECU applies a ground or removes a ground. Think of the blue wire to the remote oil tank motor, with that wire being switched on and off to run or stop the pump from transferring oil.

Comment

I'll check wire harness and let you know but tests with motor runing may take a while

Comment

Working...
                  X