Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "exhaust gas coming out of the pee hole"

from another forum:

"to explain it further to guys like myself who are trying to fully understand the issue;
    First, know that the water pump is located within the exhaust chamber.
    And, exhaust gas pressure at idle is greater than the water pressure at idle.

So, if there is any type of o-ring leak or poor fit in or around the water pump,
    exhaust gas pressure will penetrate the pump and stop any water from flowing up the tube to the engine......
    and you may even get exhaust gas coming out of the pee hole......
    which is exactly what happened in my case

At High speed the speed of the pump overcomes the exhaust pressure and any flaws in the fit of the pump giving you all the pressure you need, eliminating the overheat condition until you go back to idle."

do not be confusing people coming here for good advice with nonsense from other forums

that had to happen at the other place Boscoe mentioned

Comment

and I will call BS.

Comment

There is also less back pressure on the propeller hub because the boat is moving really fast and the exhaust gas can just fall out of the hub instead of having to blow bubbles...
        Just think about it, it is much easier to blow bubbles in a almost empty glass of milk than a full one.

Some sarcasm may have been served up with this early morning's coffee

Folks, please disregard all the content in this post. There never seems to be moderator around when you really need one.
        If its got teats or tires, you bound to have trouble with it....

Comment

I believe this was the F300 thread at TOS. Overheat at idle. Prompted the PRV questions

Don't what the guy is seeing...maybe steam? I suggested he check his water pump
          to make sure seals are in place.
          Last edited by pstephens46; 06-07-2017, 09:06 AM.

Comment

well to start with the water pump is NOT located in the ex stream.
            the 4.2L uses a duel water inlet.
            most likely someone started it dry and melted the pump.

Comment

Working...
            X