No announcement yet.

Need help [ Garmin to Yamaha 6YC gauge for speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jaja.. very generous your comment on my English with translator .....
    I am afraid my connections are fine.
    Just use the blue GPS cable with the white of the connection tab. Do not use the ground wire L because the GPS and the 6YC share the same negative for its general operation (I have secured with a tester).
    I suspect that the problem could be in the choice of the "sentences" of nmea0183 ...
    There are many options available in my Garmin 43dv .... for example, I have not found in my garmin model that indication "nmea imputado support for the DPT , MTW and VHW sentences ".
    What do you think?
    Thank you very much for the help!

Comment

All ground wires need to be connected as depicted in Yamaha drawings.

Comment

although generally I subscribe to "a ground is a ground is a ground"

I am with Boscoe on this; make the connection of the Yamaha blue wire

what do you have to lose?

Originally posted by Petaca 1961 View Post
        I suspect that the problem could be in the choice of the "sentences" of nmea0183 ...
        The Yamaha needs from the Garmin only one NMEA sentence: GPRMC

Comment

Originally posted by fairdeal View Post
          generally I subscribe to "a ground is a ground is a ground"
          Exactly what I thought until the CL+ display came along. Fooled my arse.

Yamaha even published an On Board article about it. Lots of folks were fooled.

I always meant to research the dynamics about it but never got around to it. So much I want to know about but don't have the time or energy to research it. Maybe no brains to be able to understand it when I find it.

Comment

Thanks friends!
            I will prove both. I'll place the negative cable (I do not lose anything with trying, it's true).
            And I will select the GPRMC statement in my garmin 43dv, as the only sentence enabled ... (maybe having many sentences enabled simultaneously in my garmin causes conflicts).
            Thank you very much to all!

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
              I always meant to research the dynamics about it but never got around to it.

my guess is that the NMEA 0183 receiver in the CL device is optically isolated from the gauge power

and so Yamaha's use of "L (GND)" is therefore unhelpful/misleading

as you know, Hebert has bemoaned (and thoroughly documented)

the pervasive use of non-standard NMEA 0183 nomenclature

Comment

Originally posted by fairdeal View Post

as you know, Hebert has bemoaned (and thoroughly documented) the pervasive use of non-standard NMEA 0183 nomenclature
                Non-standard is what he deems non-standard to be. His standards are the standards and anything contrary are non-standards.

That guy berated me on another website for the use of the word "condensor" instead of using his preferred term "capacitor". I pointed out to him in writing that Yamaha still uses the term and he came unglued. It seems to be his way or the high way. He is very intolerant of anyone that does not agree precisely with him. Potato, potahto, tomato, tomahto, aluminum, aluminium

He is the only guy that I have ever come across that writes his own documentation, posts it at his website, and then refers to it as an "authoritative" source.

He seems to have too much time on his hands.

Comment

Just found this this morning. From your buddy Ole and his Pal Mike.

Comment

Working...
                  X