Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that did not work

Comment

Photobucket is a bit more onerous to use than Tinypics IMO.

Tinypic is a Photobucket company.

Comment

Comment

Im guessing toward the rear of the boat is some emission systems. Looks like maybe removing the starter also. Maybe once I start taking it apart it will be different?

Comment

No way that bolts on from the back, those threads your looking at appears to be missing 1 of those black plastic caps. Take a good look at post 16, take note of those big ears on either end

Comment

The pic did show on my end.

2006 and Later 50TLR Yamaha Outboard ELECTRICAL 2 Diagram and Parts

Click on the parts link again. You can see ONE bolt on the RIGHT side holding it on.

The left side SHOWS nothing. I take(99% sure), that's a stud, screwed into the block and the relay is missing the nut for that side/stud.

Once the battery cables are off and out of the way, piece of cake...

That wire, left middle, bolts to bolt #20 and is grounded to the block. Looks like the whole thing is rubber mounted.

Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 06-04-2017, 10:41 AM.
              Scott
              1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

I cannot remember how all of that was put together, when I pulled my powerhead and put a rebuilt crank in it,
                but it may be pulling the starter and starter bracket will let you remove that bolt.

maybe it is attached to the bracket.
                I just do not remember

as was mentioned take lots of pictures and/or lable wires and bolts. write down what came off in order. It is a pain figuring out what to put on before something else and the placement or routing of wires

Comment

Actually, the FOUR phillips head screws on the outside corner (from the FIRST pic the OP posted (post #30), holds that larger bracket to the block.

Those 4 screws may have to be removed, but that's the deepest you'll have to get to the T&T relay.

That same pic, on the left, shows that threaded stud (with NO nut) way past all electrical lines sticking out(only has to do with mounting). I'm sure that securing nut is missing.

**It appears (besides the wires), the 4 outside phillips screws get pulled to access the mounting bracket. The one bolt, and the stud (that's MISSING a nut already, and it's off...
                  Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 06-04-2017, 10:52 AM.
                  Scott

Comment

Well the new relay arrived yesterday. I think I will work on it on Saturday even though the old one hasn't given me any problems lately.

Comment

Update

Well the new relay has been installed and the tilt trim is operating normally. Thanks for all the posts and help along the way.

I would like to say that I did have to remove the starter, and the long aluminum bracket on the left. The bolt on the left of the relay actually did thread through from the rear. The relay was mounted to a bracket and all that had to be removed to get it off and the new one mounted to the bracket.

I did break apart the old relay and could see some suspect marks on the contacts. Hopefully this will solve my intermittent issue. Again thanks for the help and the link to the site here for the parts.

Comment

Originally posted by Gateaux01 View Post
                        Well the new relay has been installed and the tilt trim is operating normally. Thanks for all the posts and help along the way.

I would like to say that I did have to remove the starter, and the long aluminum bracket on the left. The bolt on the left of the relay actually did thread through from the rear. The relay was mounted to a bracket and all that had to be removed to get it off and the new one mounted to the bracket.

I did break apart the old relay and could see some suspect marks on the contacts. Hopefully this will solve my intermittent issue. Again thanks for the help and the link to the site here for the parts.
                        Excellent!, knew you could do it. Saved a bunch $ in labor too!

If you could post a close up pic of the suspect contact would be appreciated.
                        Scott

Comment

Originally posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post
                          Excellent!, knew you could do it. Saved a bunch $ in labor too!

If you could post a close up pic of the suspect contact would be appreciated.

Here is a picture with most parts removed to get to the relay and a picture of the contacts
                          Attached Files

Comment

If those pictures don't work I will try again tommorrow. Trying to do this on a phone right now.

Comment

Your pictures worked. And those contacts are burnt up pretty good...Glad you never got somewhere where you really your trim/tilt to work.

I wonder if that circuit has a capacitor in it somewhere to help stop the arcing on the contacts. Like a points ignition?

Comment

Originally posted by Gateaux01 View Post
                                Here is a picture with most parts removed to get to the relay and a picture of the contacts
                                Thanks for the pic's!

**That one contact, is MUCH worse than my starter relay contacts..

No doubt, that WAS your issue.

Also looks like you had to go a bit deeper to access it, but great job!!!

And you know a bit more about your engine too!
                                Scott

Comment

Working...
                                X