1999 703 Push Control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1999 703 Push Control

i have a 1999 703 push control for my 1998 Yamaha C60TLRW 60HP outboard.
    The plastic forward and reverse eyes cracked and broke inside the control. i failed to mark which cable was forward and which was reverse before i disassembled them from the control. Can someone school me on how to determine which is which now?
    Thanks,

Originally posted by TBWheeler View Post
    i have a 1999 703 push control for my 1998 Yamaha C60TLRW 60HP outboard.
    The plastic forward and reverse eyes cracked and broke inside the control. i failed to mark which cable was forward and which was reverse before i disassembled them from the control. Can someone school me on how to determine which is which now?
    Thanks,
    This may help you.

https://youtu.be/3WEjuEKy8Uo

Comment

Thank you for the link and information. i will apply this to my situation and see what happens.

Thanks

Comment

The same cable for forward is used for reverse. Referred to as the shift cable. Not to be confused with the throttle cable.

Actually, the cables are exactly the same. Just that one is used for shift and the other for the throttle.

The shift cable goes in first. The throttle cable follows.

To determine which cable is which, go to the motor and move the throttle arm on the carburetor assembly. Then see which cable moves. That will be the throttle cable. The other obviously is the shift cable.

Comment

Working...
        X