Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I upgrade my Yamaha 9.9 to 15 hp ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

problem is no one knows what RPM he can get to.

If it cannot get to 5500 them it is not putting out the 15 HP

Comment

OP must be an older dude, he is using a set of "vernier" calipers in the first picture ...not many around now that can read them...

Comment

what do you mean by older?
        how old are you?
        most of us on here are over 55 I guess.
        I am almost 65

calipers with a dial or without are not hard to read. beats a ruler

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
          what do you mean by older?
          how old are you?
          most of us on here are over 55 I guess.
          I am almost 65

calipers with a dial or without are not hard to read. beats a ruler
          I knew that would get someone's goat...ha. I am 50 years young. I done all my machinist training with vernier calipers, standard micrometers, where not allowed to use dial calipers. Course instructor had a set of digital calipers..which we where in awe of...

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
            RPM range is the same.

Per Rod's post, #9, the 15 HP is higher:

9.9 is 5000-5200.
            15 is 5200-5400.

I have a cheap vernier caliper I prefer for this kind of measuring.

Then I have two electronic one's, one accurate down small enough to measure valve shim thicknesses for valve adjustments (extremely accurate)
            Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 05-20-2017, 06:28 PM.
            Scott
            1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Don't make me take my slide rule out and wack you over the head with it.

When I first started my career all the anganeers wore white shirts, black ties and had a slide rule in their shirt pocket. The pocket with the protector in it.

In our publications group we had tens, if not hundreds, of folks bent over doing pen and ink illustrations. Blue prints were blue prints.

First PC's we got used DOS commands. WTF? Made no sense at all.

They brought in computers and laid off folks by the thousands. They laid off my administrative assistant and gave me a lap top as her replacement. I could not even type with two fingers at the time. Self taught and now use all of me fingers. No thumbs.

One airplane cooockpit used four if not five flight crew members to manage four motors. The other airplane coockpit used three flight crew to manage three motors. Now they manage four motors with just two flight crew. Don't really need those two. Or even one.

Coockpits became flight decks. Co-pilots became first officers. Stewardess's became flight attendants.

I hated all of the changes along the way.

Comment

One airplane cooockpit used four if not five flight crew members to manage four motors. The other airplane coockpit used three flight crew to manage three motors. Now they manage four motors with just two flight crew. Don't really need those two. Or even one.

Coockpits became flight decks. Co-pilots became first officers. Stewardess's became flight attendants.
                Now, if your lucky, you don't get beat up or dragged off the plane!

But that's ok, I can use the $!!
                Scott

Comment

Flight Attendants.....what a tragedy. At least for the US airlines. They don't even try to look good anymore...

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post
                    Flight Attendants.....what a tragedy. At least for the US airlines. They don't even try to look good anymore...
                    Heck write me a check for $1K, put me up in a motel over night, free flight the next day, you won't even have to knock a tooth out!

What a de-rail this is...

Scott

Comment

Originally posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post
                      Per Rod's post, #9, the 15 HP is higher:

9.9 is 5000-5200.
                      15 is 5200-5400.
                      Rod was talking about the same test wheel being used on those 2 motors

WOT spec is 5500 for both from what boscoe posted

that guy did not get beat up from what I saw, he probably did it to himself and then ran back on the plane for them to see he was bleeding.
                      gaming the system
                      Last edited by 99yam40; 05-20-2017, 07:00 PM.

Comment

Rod was talking about the same test wheel being used on those 2 motors

WOT spec is 5500 for both from what boscoe posted

that guy did not get beat up from what I saw, he probably did it to himself and then ran back on the plane for them to see he was bleeding.
                        gaming the system
                        We only saw part of it in any case. And he's a bit richer from it as we speak.

There were many mistakes made in that incident, from both parties..

Their looking at raising the "get off the plane" fee to I believe $15,000.00
                        Would have been a lot cheaper than the bad publicity and what they paid the guy after that..
                        Scott

Comment

People seem to have lost all respect for authority. What is so difficult about obeying orders and fighting it out later?

Some find they get roughed up. They might be the lucky ones.

I would not be a cop for all the money in the world. It is a losing proposition.

We hate them but need them.

I hear rumors that to some extent it is this way in the military. They want to question orders, not follow them.

Comment

People seem to have lost all respect for authority. What is so difficult about obeying orders and fighting it out later?

Some find they get roughed up. They might be the lucky ones.

I would not be a cop for all the money in the world. It is a losing proposition.

We hate them but need them.

I hear rumors that to some extent it is this way in the military. They want to question orders, not follow them.
                            I was a cop for 25 plus years..(retired 11 years now). It is not a job I would want now as society has gone to hell...

Agreed, folks have lost respect for authority, been there, done that (many times actually).

However, the police on board that plane, IMO, should have used more common sense. The guy paid for a seat. To forcibly remove him, I (as a PO) would NOT have (under those circumstances).

I would personally be liable for a bad arrest / use of force...

Just because a citizen demands something be done (arrest for trespassing/ physically remove, then when it escalates to a lot worse, then ??), does NOT means it's legal to do..
                            Scott

Comment

so your thoughts are to let all of these crazy people do what they want, when ever they want,where ever they are.
                              no following the rules if they do not want to.
                              that is what is wrong with everything now a days.
                              you cannot make me do what I agreed to when I bought the ticket or what ever else was involved.
                              should they have left the guy alone with the towel over his head while carrying a laptop, trying to get to the front of the plane today? or was that yesterday

Comment

so your thoughts are to let all of these crazy people do what they want, when ever they want,where ever they are. NEVER SAID THAT.

WHAT DID HE DO ILLEGAL/ WRONG? HE BOUGHT A SEAT, THE AIRLINE OVER BOOKED, THEY SHOULD HAVE KEPT RAISING THE $ FOR SOMEONE TO VOLUNTARILY GET OFF. HE DID NOT DO ANYTHING ILLEGAL.

no following the rules if they do not want to.
                                that is what is wrong with everything now a days. AGREED
                                you cannot make me do what I agreed to when I bought the ticket or what ever else was involved.
                                should they have left the guy alone with the towel over his head while carrying a laptop, trying to get to the front of the plane today? or was that yesterday
                                IF LAPTOPS ARE NOT ALLOWED ON, HE SHOULD NOT HAVE GOTTEN PAST SECURITY MUCH LESS THE BOARDING/TICKET AGENT. THE AIRLINE SCREWED UP BY OVER BOOKING. THEY NEEDED SEATS FOR ANOTHER AIR-FLIGHT CREW.

THEY COULD HAVE EASILY PUT THAT CREW ON ANOTHER FLIGHT, OR RAISED THE $ FEE TO VOLUNTEER AND GET OFF.
                                THE LIMIT AT THAT TIME I BELIEVE WAS $1,300, WHICH THEY NEVER CAME CLOSE TO OFFERING. SHAME ON THEM! (excuse the caps).

Being a PO for 25 years, I am obviously NOT a cop hater and pro Police, law, etc.

*Put yourself in his shoes. Your there LEGALLY, NOT doing anything out of the ordinary. Now, because of the airline screw up(over booking), your asked to leave and don't.

IMO, the airline's should have raised the fee till someone else took it and got off voluntarily. If no takers, that "new" crew(they needed space for) could have easily driven 3 hours to the other airport if need be..

**You know why the airline settled SO QUICKLY? Because they were flat out wrong. They knew it and it was MUCH CHEAPER than a JURY awarding a gizzilion $'s...
                                Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 05-21-2017, 07:18 AM.
                                Scott

Comment

Working...
                                X