No announcement yet.

'03 OX66 250 acceleration issue possible fuel problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe it could be sleeved. According to Hydrotec's website they charge $275 to sleeve a cylinder, $50 per hole to bore, and $10 per hole to hone. It's going to be a bit before I do anything as I am going to sell two other boats I have in order to fix this one. I am still trying to decide if I want to rebuild or replace.
    2003 Ranger 521vx 35th anniversary edition

Comment

Originally posted by Fanboatman View Post
      I believe it could be sleeved. According to Hydrotec's website they charge $275 to sleeve a cylinder, $50 per hole to bore, and $10 per hole to hone. It's going to be a bit before I do anything as I am going to sell two other boats I have in order to fix this one. I am still trying to decide if I want to rebuild or replace.

Pic's don't look good.... Sleeve would be your only option...

I gather they would want the block striped down first?
      Scott
      1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Yes, you couldn't just bore that cylinder. Yes it would need to be completely stripped down. If I repair it, I will sleeve that hole and bore the rest. I'm not doing one just to find out in a few months I should have done another. It's all or none. I did only one on my 140 Evinrude and it's fine, but it also doesn't get the use this one does.
        2003 Ranger 521vx 35th anniversary edition

Comment

that piston shows tell tale marks of detonation.

Comment

Working...
          X