40 HP Yamaha Jet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 40 HP Yamaha Jet

This is my first time on the forum, so I do not know if these questions have been addressed. I have two modifications that I am considering.

1. Was wondering if I could install an electric start on my manual start 1986 40HP. I know that a new flywheel would be requried, but was wondering if there is any way to retain the manual start for back up?

2. I was told that the dif. between a 40hp and the 50hp for my year was the carb set up. Has anyone out there modified a 40hp to give 50hp performance? Could use a little more umphf cause of the jet drive.

I'am not sure if the starter pawl ring will bolt on the new flywheel or not, but there is a ring that will bolt on flywheel that you can wrap a rope around and start engine. You will have buy all the starter mounting brackets and bolts, starter relay, battery cables,elect harness starter, flywheel and key switch and harness

Comment

Thanks for the quick response on the starter question. Thanks for the list of parts. Will have to see if that ring will fit.

Comment

Working...
      X