No announcement yet.

F60TLR power issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No sudden rpm change, no change in motor sound and it runs like a top after it gets on plain.

Comment

Geez....I think everyone was assuming this thing wouldn't get on plane and was running like crap. I'm out.....

Comment

Na it idles fine and when I do run it wot its not missing or anything like that, it just loads up and takes 300 yards to get on plain.

Comment

what RPM does it hit when trying to plane?
          what is the WOT RPM when it finally gets on plane?

has these RPMs changed when it use to jump up on plane in a few seconds?
          Or did it never jump up quickly?
          Last edited by 99yam40; 08-03-2017, 07:19 PM.

Comment

300 yards to get on plane from dents. Are we being pranked?
            Absurd...

What master tech did you take boat to?

Comment

Quote: "loads up", please explain... Loads up as in too much FUEL, black smoke out the exhaust?

Prop hub slipping?

That boat should be on plane inside 100' easily...

I'd like to see an audio/ video of that boat / engine accelerate from 0 to WOT.

BTW, with a helper, you can easily knock back any dents on the bottom of that hull. Your buddy needs to support the hull(one spot) while you tap with a hammer.

Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 08-03-2017, 07:53 PM.
              Scott
              1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

If a glass hull I would think water logged hull.
                being aluminum I have no idea what could add that much weight to affect planing

Comment

So I'm going to try and answer all the questions in one post:
                  When I say it loads up I mean it acts like I'm pushing a barge.
                  It turns about 3-3500 when trying to plane out and when/if it gets to 45-5000 it will actually plane out and seems to run correctly .
                  I wondered if I was being pranked so I ask him to show me on the boat and he showed me little cups between braces (like is on most any aluminum boat that's been used). The shop is Cheeks Marine in Louisiana . The only positive is that they didn't charge me the diagnostic fee(even though I would've fought it if they had). And just a FYI I was able to locate a ECU and it didn't change anything.

Comment

Just for S&G's, mark the inside of your prop indexing it to the cotter pin/nut.

Run the boat normally, then once out of the water (or trim up), check your marks. See if their still lined up...

Revving at 3500 and barely making headway sound like prop slip. Normally it would keep on slipping but your boat is pretty light(so your making headway, just real slow)
                    Scott
                    1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Working...
                    X