2004 F225 Fuel management gage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 F225 Fuel management gage

I'm back. You were all great in helping me find a problem. Previously I found that the sending unit was restricting fuel, as well as a loose hose clamp. My guesss is the fuel sat on the impeller and did some corosion damage.
    I have a second sending unit (bought them as twin engine) and installed it today.
    Question is do I use the cable connector I used before in the new sending unit? Both are 3 pin male to female. Should I care since a twin owner can switch back and forth to see the operation.

Thanks

Same sender. Use two if twins and one for a single.

Comment

2004 F225 Fuel Management system.

Went down this morning and started the engine. I gave the primer bulb a good squeeze first. The gage started exactly as I expected.

Another observation is that the new(er) unused sending unit wires are color coded differently than the older one. So when I hooked up the cable, seems I guessed right. Pay attention to the color coading.

If you need to buy a replacement sending unit and do not know the PN, ask the seller what the color coding of the wires. If you had a single system, you may have only one connector, Just guessing.

Anyone know if the turbine in a 4 screw can be refurbished? I think I say it on YouTube a while ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Justmeagain View Post
        Went down this morning and started the engine. I gave the primer bulb a good squeeze first. The gage started exactly as I expected.

Another observation is that the new(er) unused sending unit wires are color coded differently than the older one. So when I hooked up the cable, seems I guessed right. Pay attention to the color coading.

If you need to buy a replacement sending unit and do not know the PN, ask the seller what the color coding of the wires. If you had a single system, you may have only one connector, Just guessing.

Anyone know if the turbine in a 4 screw can be refurbished? I think I say it on YouTube a while ago.
        Same harness is used for both single and twin applications. If a single motor use just one of the two connectors. If twin motors use both of the two connectors.

Comment

Working...
        X