No announcement yet.

Need Help with 200HPDI stalling after 3 - 10 seconds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally found the problem. It was the High Pressure Fuel Pump. I had removed it and cleaned here in the keys, so I assumed that wasn't the problem, but I bit the bullet and sent it to Texas to Injector RX and had it cleaned. They found debris in the pump. I think it was in the High Pressure control valve. They turned the pump around and cleaned the injectors in one day. I havn't taken it for a water trial yet, but is idles great now and revs right up. No smoke or issues. I also found that the in hull filter housing sealing surface as degraded and had some air leakage, but that is not what was preventing the engine from running. Just could't keep the bulb solid.

Comment

I want to thank everyone for their input and advice.

Comment

I do not understand when you say could not start when you said pressure was OK when started and idling.

lets just hope it will take a load , in neutral there is not much load and need for extra fuel

Comment

We will find out as soon as I get a chance to lauch it.

Comment

Got all the issues with this engine fixed now. It was tough getting all the air out of the system, but once I did the boat ran great on it's first test run. Got up to 5K RPM and idled at 5 - 6K. Now I am going to swap this 2007 200HP HPDI(27 HRS) from a 1989 20' Stratos with my 2001 150HP HPDI (850 HRS) on my 2001 21' Seafox Bay boat. Does anyone know if I will have to change the wiring harness out as well? I need to check all the electrical connectors on the motor and gauges.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry1200 View Post
              Got all the issues with this engine fixed now. It was tough getting all the air out of the system, but once I did the boat ran great on it's first test run. Got up to 5K RPM and idled at 5 - 6K. Now I am going to swap this 2007 200HP HPDI(27 HRS) from a 1989 20' Stratos with my 2001 150HP HPDI (850 HRS) on my 2001 21' Seafox Bay boat. Does anyone know if I will have to change the wiring harness out as well? I need to check all the electrical connectors on the motor and gauges.
              If it idles at 5 to 6k THERE IS A PROBLEM

Comment

Sorry I met to say 600 RPM. I never let it idle for long so I am not sure what is would stabilize out to. What should it be?

Comment

Working...
                X