Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Speedi Sleeve-Where do you get them, how to install them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
    Have you owned the motor since new? If not, do you have all of the maintenance records? Has the block ever been replaced?

The crankshaft was changed on 2007 production year models to come with a wear collar. Similar to a Speedy Sleeve but different. Older cranks get the Speedy Sleeve whereas later cranks get a replacement collar.

The seals for the pumps are different when the older crank is used versus the later crank.
    I have not, I've owned the boat for a year... I know the mid section has been replaced but am not aware of the powerhead being swapped out. Any ideas on how I can verify the year of the powerhead?

Comment

if it was repaired under warrenty Yamaha will have a record of it, if not have the dealer look up the crank tech bulliten and measure yours.

Comment

Originally posted by tunedportcj5 View Post
        I have not, I've owned the boat for a year... I know the mid section has been replaced but am not aware of the powerhead being swapped out. Any ideas on how I can verify the year of the powerhead?
        Inspect the block and the heads for markings of any kind. What be they?

The fact that you have the collar instead of the Speedy Sleeve is leading me to believe that your motor does not have the original block. But I have been mislead on more than one occasion.

Comment

Inspect the block and the heads for markings of any kind. What be they?

The fact that you have the collar instead of the Speedy Sleeve is leading me to believe that your motor does not have the original block. But I have been mislead on more than one occasion.
          Top of block:
          6P2201
          Y-1:

Bottom side back of block (on back right corner):
          P666 <--might be my problem right there... :devil:
          S668

Bottom right side:
          69J1
          Y-2

Stbd head:
          MD389U

Comment

Hmmm. Can't get there from here using block numbers.

Look at the oil pump. Is it marked as 69J-02? If so, that is the updated pump for use with the updated crankshaft.

Is the block dark gray or medium gray? Dark gray is the new block with the new crank shaft.

As rodnut suggests, take some measurements. The OD of the new crankshaft with the new collar is 34mm. If that is what you measure then you have the updated block and crankshaft. Of course if you have removed it the measuring might be a bit fiddly.

You will simply buy the collar and not the Speedy Sleeve to effect the repair.

If you replace the oil pump then you will use the -02-00 pump and not a pump for an F250TXRD.

Might want to put some notes in your maintenance records so that in the future anyone doing a repair will know the status of the motor.

Comment

Hmmm. Can't get there from here using block numbers.

Look at the oil pump. Is it marked as 69J-02? If so, that is the updated pump for use with the updated crankshaft.

Is the block dark gray or medium gray? Dark gray is the new block with the new crank shaft.

As rodnut suggests, take some measurements. The OD of the new crankshaft with the new collar is 34mm. If that is what you measure then you have the updated block and crankshaft. Of course if you have removed it the measuring might be a bit fiddly.

You will simply buy the collar and not the Speedy Sleeve to effect the repair.

If you replace the oil pump then you will use the -02-00 pump and not a pump for an F250TXRD.

Might want to put some notes in your maintenance records so that in the future anyone doing a repair will know the status of the motor.
              Thanks for the help. I haven’t measured but it’s obvious it’s newer because it does/did have a collar on it. The crank is definitely smaller in diameter, the speedi sleeve just slips right on. I wasn’t able to find a p/n on the pump. I’ll clean it and look harder. Yamaha has no record of a new powerhead but apparently they only record warranty info.

The block color does seem to be a darker gray.

The detective work continues...

Comment

Comment

New pump (6P2-13300-00-00), oil seal (69J-13338-00), and collar (69J-11478-00-00) have been installed. What a freaking mess... I sure wish I knew the history of these motors. The block/heads are definitely a darker color than the valve covers.

Comment

Is there a subsitute for Threebond thread locker that is used when replacing wear collar

Comment

Look up the specs for the Three bond and then find a appropriate loctite product that would be close to the same.If that is what you are thinking of using.

Comment

use Loctite 518. works well.

Comment

OK I have a yamaha F150TXRD, according to the model number and serial number plate.
                          However, I just pulled my oil pump off and it is a 63P-01 as seen in the pics.
                          Without looking ahead of time, I ordered a -00 oil pump and the speedi sleeve kit,
                          I am thinking I may have the newer crank with the factory sleeve.
                          I just read this thread and it seems that it should be OD 34mm if I indeed have the factory sleeve installed so I will check that in the morning.
                          Here are some pics of what I am looking it.
                          The speedi sleeve looks like it will be almost impossible to get it on without breaking it, from what I can tell.

IMG_20201206_150645_01_s.jpg

IMG_20201206_150701_s.jpg

IMG_20201206_150701-1_s.jpg

IMG_20201206_150713_s.jpg

IMG_20201207_090325_s.jpg

Comment

2 more pics

IMG_20201207_090330_s.jpg

IMG_20201207_091404_s.jpg

Comment

Working...
                            X