No announcement yet.

access to oil pan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boscoe posted, on another thread, a link to an excellent youtube vid for the speedisleeve install

https://youtu.be/p1aM0Kb9qc0

Comment

Originally posted by gsdanno1 View Post
      I'm sure it won't , since it's coming directly from Yamaha , but I have seen instructions on the speedi sleeve website .
      Get your dealer to provide you with a copy of Technical Bulletin O2008-006. It should provide you with all of the information that you need.

Comment

http://www.yamahaoutboardparts.com/a...1&d=1484603653

Should be a bit quieter and possibly a bit more efficient with the exhaust directed in one place , as opposed to blowing around the oil pan. oil pan pic shows the corrosion on the gasket area , oil pump pic shows cracked gear , and crank shows slight wear . All parts to be replaced/repaired
        Attached Files

Comment

Jeez... Unreal....

Are you able to "blow" thru the oiling system and make sure you get all those bits out? Its amazing one of those broken teeth broke that steel oil pump rotor...
          Scott
          1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

yes , I was planning to do that , just trying to figure out which galleys to blow through

Comment

If un-able to do the entire system, I would probably start at the pick up point and blow opposite the oil flow direction(if possible). Just so your NOT pushing debris further up the system..

I would think most of the debris would be at the "beginning" of the oiling system.

With that broke oil pump, seems it chewed chunks down a bit before the remains passed...

Was most of the balancer teeth in the pan, stuck in the oil pick up, or?
              Scott

Comment

nothing in the pan , a good bit in the strainer , some in the pump , and a good bit in the filter .( I cut it open to verify) I was thinking the ops or the filter

Comment

I suspect, with you having low oil pressure BEFORE all your cleaning and repairs, anything that might be left/missed, will get blow out into the oil filter pretty quick upon start up..

Any major damage would have already been done and the higher RPM oil pressure indicates oil was flowing..
                  Scott

Comment

ill probably run it on the trailer with muffs for about 15 mins , remove the filter , and cut it open and see what it looks like

Comment

Very good idea, cheap insurance too!
                      Scott

Comment

I would think you may wish to check your oil pressure relief valve as well. It looks like it is in the lubrication circuit between the oil pump and your filter, thus the filter DOES NOT protect the valve. Maybe some debris in that valve was part of your cause of Idle RPM low oil pressure?

Here's a diagram from a 2004 F150, your 2006 may be different?:

[IMG]F150.LubricationCircuit by Charles Postis, on Flickr[/IMG]

In this 2004 manual Yamaha says:

"Oil pressure (reference data): 450 kPa (4.5 kgf/cm2, 65.3 psi) at engine idle speed"

However, this manual also says this:

[IMG]F150.OilPump.Specs by Charles Postis, on Flickr[/IMG]

Make of it what you will?

Others, advice/info on this oil pressure relief valve?
                        Chuck,
                        1997 Mako 191 w/2001 Yamaha SX150 TXRZ Pushing Her

Comment

Common practice is to replace the oil pressure control valve in the event of an oil system contamination issue.

Comment

it is a very easy valve to remove and clean.

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
                              it is a very easy valve to remove and clean.
                              it threads in from the underside of the block?

have tried several times, but have never found a photograph online...

and what's with that plug underneath near the oil pump?

just a machining artifact - like the old "freeze plugs"?

Comment

Originally posted by fairdeal View Post
                                it threads in from the underside of the block?

have tried several times, but have never found a photograph online...

and what's with that plug underneath near the oil pump?

just a machining artifact - like the old "freeze plugs"?
                                Good morning Fairdeal!

[IMG]Plug.PRV. by Charles Postis, on Flickr[/IMG]

Looks like it (#34) does thread into underside of block. Also looks like it is within the oil pan when motor is assembled. So, as long as you have your powerhead removed, "it is a very easy valve to remove and clean".

The "plug" (#7) appears to be sealed with an o-ring, (#8) and held in place by the flange on the bolt (#15). I have no idea of the purpose of the "plug", maybe assembly process?
                                Chuck,
                                1997 Mako 191 w/2001 Yamaha SX150 TXRZ Pushing Her

Comment

Working...
                                X