No announcement yet.

access to oil pan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would want to know what the cam shaft and crank shaft bearings look like as well.

Comment

Yea, sounds like there was loss of oiling going on. So there could be damaged bearings

Comment

Seeing that it has gone this far, I would think the OP should check his crankshaft mating surfaces where the oil pump seals meet and possibly install speedi-sleeve if needed?

Sure would hate for him to have an oil leak after all this work!
        Chuck,
        1997 Mako 191 w/2001 Yamaha SX150 TXRZ Pushing Her

Comment

engine had 15lbs oil pressure at idle , at 2700 rpm oil pressure was 77 lbs. This was checked with both yds and mechanical gauge . no low oil alarms , no stored codes , no signs of leakage anywhere , the reason for the teardown was to identify the low oil pressure at idle. After confirming/replacing balancer , I started the teardown . May look into the speedy sleeve .

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
            I had a crabber ran a few years with a shredded balancer.
            when he brought it to me with a complaint of an oil alarm I asked him how long has the motor been running without sqealing.
            he said it squealed for a week then quit about 11/2 years before I got it in.
            cleaned the pan and replaced the strainer and cleaned the oil pressure control valve and it ran another 2 yrs with a new blancer.
            it finally died with about 8500 hours on it.
            most neglected F150 I ever saw that refused to die.
            I hope your experience will be as successful as Rodbolt's customer above....

I laugh every time I read this!

Comment

some small wear grooves on end of crank. will install speedi sleeve . working on adding some pics

Comment

can't seem to upload pics , tried converting to pdf , and still won't upload

Comment

suggest you try using

Tinypic.com

http://tinypic.com/

- click "choose file" and select the .jpg file on your computer
                  - for "resize" select "Message Board 640x480"
                  - click "upload now"

like this:

once the page refreshes with your image, copy the text in the box "IMG Code for Forums and Message Boards"

and then paste that into your message here

Comment

didn't work . I deleted all my previous attachments in case there wasn't enough room , still no luck

Comment

I used the "postimage" site. Pops up quickly when you type into search bar in google.

Similar to above instructions except you copy the "hotlink" address bar in the choices below after you upload your pic. Then paste directly into your reply on this thread.

Either site should work though....

Comment

Originally posted by gsdanno1 View Post
                        some small wear grooves on end of crank. will install speedi sleeve . working on adding some pics
                        gsdanno, you may be interested in this thread link:

http://www.yamahaoutboardparts.com/f...m-th27859.html

Your motor falls into that 2006 and up model year. Better to use Yamaha's parts look up than elsewhere.

Go to Yamaha Outboards

Click on "Care and Maintenance", select "Parts Lookup" in the pull down menu, enter your model # or PID #, and then select the section you want to look for the particular part you need.
                        Chuck,

Comment

ordered the sleeve yesterday , as well as a new oil pan , it was pretty corroded due to the hole in the exhaust manifold extension. as soon as I can get some pics to load , I'll show you !

Comment

Great!
                            Just for informational purposes, when you get the sleeve kit, let us know if it comes with instructions. If so, post them if you can

Thanks!!
                            Chuck,

Comment

instructions??? Yamaha?????
                              aint gonna happen.
                              it comes with an installation tool.
                              I did get a set of instructions with a sleeve kit that said to "gently pound in place".

Comment

I'm sure it won't , since it's coming directly from Yamaha , but I have seen instructions on the speedi sleeve website .

Comment

Working...
                                X