No announcement yet.

F225 Won't rev over 2800 RPM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BlueberryHill, were you able to run full throttle in those 15-20 winds and seas thereof.
    Think you might want to wait for better weather to test WOT.

Chuck,
    1997 Mako 191 w/2001 Yamaha SX150 TXRZ Pushing Her

Comment

Originally posted by CaptSolo
      My 2005 F225s get 5900 RPMs - outside two engines, and 5800 middle engine (long shaft).

I agree with Rodbolt17 on this 100%. If both won't go over 5100, it's not propped right.

Just my 5 cents. I'm not a mokanic.

Did I say fuel injectors?
      I just wanted to run it and confirm the engine operation. Water was a bit lumpy and I didn't play with the engine trim at all. These props were on the boat when I got it...they're a bit over 2400 hrs at this time...you know what they say...if it's not broke, don't fix it. That being said, I'm not looking to put another $600-700 into another set of props. Maybe next season. I'll keep this in mind. Current props are Yamaha 19"x15.25" Stainless 3 blade.

If I were to look at another set, what set would be a place to start?

Comment

1st thing to do is run the motors to WOT with the boat loaded as it will normally be and trim it out to see what RPM you get.

You can also look at the Yamaha Performance bulletins to see if you can find a rig like yours and see what props they used and how it ran to compare to what you are seeing

Outboard Performance, Performance Bulletins | Yamaha Outboards

Comment

Working...
        X