Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

yamaha f50 aet, broken interal anode, remove?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yamaha f50 aet, broken interal anode, remove?

On my Yamaha f50 aet the second upper internal Anode broke an fell into the water passage.
    Is it possible to get it out without removing the whole head? Already tried it.
    Or can I just leave it inside?
    Already read the thread about another yamah with the same Problem, but I am not sure if the water passages are the same.
    Thanx in advance
    Frank

I would think something that large could block off water flow when it gets to the wrong place

Comment

That were my concerns. But one mechanic told me that blocking is a minor risk.
      I would be more risk to open the whole Engine.

Comment

F50 AET, is this a non-USA motor? I don't see it listed in Yamaha Parts.
        This is what I did find:

Does it look like your engine? No. 5 in the diagram is the anode?

Good luck, I'd have to get it out no matter what. Of course, this is my opinion.
        Chuck,
        1997 Mako 191 w/2001 Yamaha SX150 TXRZ Pushing Her

Comment

Maybe possible to lift and invert the entire motor to allow anode to drop back out?....could be easier than disassembling the power head or worrying about it if you do nothing....just an idea...

Comment

What is the risk in removing the cylinder head?

If, I repeat if, the anode blocks the water passages and causes an over temperature event the head will then have to come off anyway. With possibly damage to the cylinder head because the motor over heated.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
              What is the risk in removing the cylinder head?

If, I repeat if, the anode blocks the water passages and causes an over temperature event the head will then have to come off anyway. With possibly damage to the cylinder head because the motor over heated.
              Only risk is time, money for gaskets, etc. broken cylinder head bolts....but may be the only way to do it?...

Comment

Did you try blowing high pressure air into the block (and get it loose/flopping around)?

if need be, perhaps a hose on the end of the blower tip.

Can you sneak a small mirror into the block and actually see it? If so, that's half the battle..
                Scott
                1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Just like the damn bumblebee...start wrenching. Gotta find it.

Comment

I will give it another try. Maybe will find it when I remove all five inner anodes.
                    Problem will be, even if I'll find it, to get it out, diameter is about 6mm
                    @cpostis: yes it a not a usa-engine, europe. But the diagram shows the right parts of the engine. just no very detailed to see the passage.

Comment

ya gotta go get them.
                      the bottom one can break off and plug the passage for water out.

this will cause higher than normal water pressure AND overheat.

Comment

Also, a strong "shop vac", with a smaller 7mm hose taped on the end may be enough, if you can reach it, to suck it out
                        Scott
                        1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

I took all five anodes out, just the second one upper broke an fell into.
                          I will take the boat out of water in five days an try to catch the broken anode with a glue-stick from the dentist-equipment. If I find her with the endoscope.
                          Thank fo your advice,
                          Frank
                          Hope its not too hard to read my bad Englisch.

Comment

This just happened to me as well, did you get it out? And how?

Comment

Working...
                            X