Fuel starvation yamaha f225

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That makes no sense to me.
    If the L/P pump is running and pumping fuel the VST should have fuel in it if the float and needle and seat are working

Comment

• Nothing has made sense about this. It seems so simple but yet so elusive .

Comment

• I am having the same issue with my 2005 F225. It has now gotten worse and does the stalling after sitting at the dock unused for long periods of time. 1 week or more.

Comment

• seems to me someone could monitor the voltage and current of the pump and the pressure to the VST to see/make sure if the pump is pumping when the problem shows up

Comment

• I have now run the boat several times without any problems. I hooked up a test light from the motor to the dash, My lift pump still stays on and not cycling after a restart. But after running a while. it will return to cycling. Yamaha feels that my issue is fuel evaporation . When I lay the boat up for the winter I am going to empty the fuel tank..

Comment

• Originally posted by marchmadness View Post
              ..... But after running a while. it will return to cycling.

***As you must know, It should not, if the engine RPM is above 1200 RPM.

Yamaha feels that my issue is fuel evaporation ...

*** Yamaha also feels as though dry exhaust stack corrosion is a result of operators not rinsing the engine after saltwater use. Even though the part of the engine that is corroding NEVER sees a drop of water. They also think that none of this happened until after the warranty expired even though its been well documented that the corrosion occurred during the warranty period. So, I wouldn't put an ounce of belief in their explanation.

Your engine behaves just as one of mine does. Exactly how does a half a pint of fuel, enclosed within the VST, evaporate when an engine is shut down for an hour?

Last edited by oldmako69; 10-03-2018, 09:20 PM.

Comment

• I agree with you..... My feeling is that the fuel pump shuts off at throttle up..Thats why I am leaving the test light hooked up until im proved wrong or right. As for post 198 I would pump the ball before starting to see if your stating with a full vst .

Comment

• Originally posted by marchmadness View Post
                  I agree with you..... My feeling is that the fuel pump shuts off at throttle up..Thats why I am leaving the test light hooked up until im proved wrong or right. As for post 198 I would pump the ball before starting to see if your stating with a full vst .
                  maybe the light fixed you problem with stalling.

just to be sure we all understand correctly,
                  how long will the motor run when you throttle up before it dies?does it die immediately?
                  or do you get up on plane and then dies 30 seconds later?
                  longer or shorter time/
                  Last edited by 99yam40; 10-04-2018, 10:22 AM.

Comment

• Dies on throttle up

Comment

• that would mean the VST is so low that it does not have enough fuel to even come up in RPM.

if the VST is full or even half full it should run for some time before running out of fuel

Comment

• Again nothing makes sense , I don't know how long a cup of fuel can last but I would think seconds. So if the l/p is on , even if the vst is half full the l/p should fill it just as fast. I still believe the pump is going off. What is causing the l/p not to cycle when I restart?

Comment

• I have no idea, but I see no reason the LP pump not cycling would cause the VST to run out of fuel if that is what is happening

Comment

• Just to keep current . Have been using the boat with no change. I am approaching the end of our season. My intension is to run the boat as close to empty as I can before storing for the winter. The l/p is still doing the same thing , no cycling after start up.

Comment

• any update on your 225s

Comment

• I am sorry for bringing up an old thread. But has anyone found a fix for this issue ?

Comment

Working...
                                X