Fuel starvation yamaha f225

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel starvation yamaha f225

I have a fuel starvation issue. I have a pair of 03 f225 . After i run the motors and get them hot i shut them down for about 20 minutes. Start them ,when i throttle up the port engine dies.i pump the gas bulb starts and runs. This only happens to the port motor . If i dont shut them down there is no issue. I replaced the vst and the "f"ilter

did you check/test the relief valve between the vst inlet and the lift pump intake?

Comment

from what I have been reading that seems something to look at. I have also read a lot about a vapor recovery kit. and what did they change in 05?

Comment

The fuel system modification included a number of components that were intended to prevent a hot restart issue. See photo below.

Something to consider. If your motor did not need the kit for 12/13 years, but now has a hot start issue, is it in need of the kit or is it possible that something already on your motor has failed and needs to be fixed?

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
          The fuel system modification included a number of components that were intended to prevent a hot restart issue. See photo below.
          Great photo, Boscoe! is that a fairly recent addition to your library?

The OP's problem is interesting.
          He's NOT saying he "needs to crank it a lot before it starts" or he "needs to advance the throttle before it starts".

But nonetheless that the VST is essentially "empty" until he refills it with the primer bulb. So all the gas boiled off - but didn't create a flooded condition in the intake silencer?

Seems Rodbolt is suspecting that there may not BE very much gas in the VST...

Comment

IIRC when the carbon canister was added, other changes were

-replacing the "relief valve" at the top of the intake silencer with "orifice"
            - re-locating the "relief valve" to the Tee'd line going to the canister

But I do not recall seeing that little part that is next to the carbon canister "f-filter".

Of course, mine is factory install, not "retrofit"

img upload

Comment

If he can pump the ball and get it to start.... Would that be a hot restart issue?

Comment

Originally posted by fairdeal View Post
                IIRC when the carbon canister was added, other changes were

-replacing the "relief valve" at the top of the intake silencer with "orifice"
                - re-locating the "relief valve" to the Tee'd line going to the canister

But I do not recall seeing that little part that is next to the carbon canister "f-filter".

Of course, mine is factory install, not "retrofit"
                The modification was issued long before your motor was a gleam in its daddy's eye. Would not be surprised at all if there were differences between a modified motor and a production motor.

Same as your motor more than likely will be somewhat different from an F225 with a 2010 production year.

Time moves on. So do configurations. Folks think an F225 is an F225 is an F225. Ain't necessarily so. Say it ain't so, Joe.

Comment

I just want to say thanks for all this great response. To clarify, I have no restart issue, starts right up. I throttle up then its like it runs out of gas. A few pumps of the bulb starts right up and off I go . Like said in other threads the motor has been running all these years without. I'm thinking its the pressure relief valve.

Comment

Also I don't need to advance the throttle. I have to squeeze the ball hard filling the vst. So the tank is definitely running empty. I have also read the winter fuels are worse. Some also recommend letting the motors idle for a few minutes before shutting down helps.

Comment

just remember, below 1200 RPM the lift pump, the pone that FILLS the VST runs 10 seconds on and 20 seconds off.
                      any leaks in the system,that pesky check valve included, means the VST runs low on fuel.
                      at throttle up the injector on time increases.

if there aint no gas there aint no go.

Comment

If the check valve is responsible for the fuel being in the vst tank then it seems logical. Im ordering a new valve and will check the hoses connected . Just wondering if others are in agreement .

Comment

Originally posted by marchmadness View Post
                          Just wondering if others are in agreement .
                          Let me fill in some info on the characters here.

If you get advice from Rodbolt, you don't need to look for consensus,

He and Boscoe occasionally correct each other or tussle over an arcane technical point -

but otherwise slim to no chance that any other regular poster here would disagree with either of them.

If we did, we would likely be mistaken anyway.
                          Last edited by fairdeal; 07-12-2016, 01:10 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Fair deal I was not questioning anyone just new to this forum. I have been a member of sea-doo forum for many years. I have been very happy with the people on that.And your correct I don't know who is WHO.. I will follow there advice and will report back with my results.

Comment

Took my boat out today ran it and didn't shut it down. After about an hour shut it down for at least an hour . Same issue, started throttle up dies. Stopped again for a short while ,started died and would not restart. Limped back to the dock . After time on the dock it restarted . I'm waiting for the check valve to come . Are there any heat sensors relays etc or any thing else. Just frustrated I don't know what else to do If its not the check valve

Comment

Working...
                              X