Fuel starvation yamaha f225

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marchmadness View Post
    would it be better to just vent it without the check valve?
    I would do without any valve,
    just route the end of a hose outside the cowling - prob. by removing the plug on the side with no tilt switch
    to avoid any possibility of fumes inside the cowling

Comment

A I found a rubber plug below the vst in the cowling I put it there so fair deal you think itís better with out restrictions . This is a heat issue only. I know rod bolt says itís a leak or bad fuel lines Iím just not finding either

Comment

Originally posted by marchmadness View Post
        A I found a rubber plug below the vst in the cowling I put it there so fair deal you think itís better with out restrictions .
        that should be fine.
        Fairly sure I've seen old models where the VST vent is nothing more than a hose out the bottom of the cowl.
        Later "enhancements" may be only for "air pollution control"

Comment

I took fairdeals advice and removed the check valve . I ran a tube from the vst out the bottom. I ran it all over today stopping and starting without issue. Things that I noticied was the motor seemed to fire up better, I don't know how to explain it. After starting there was a slight fuel smell. I didn't have and fuel leaking out. Now in the past I thought I was passed this issue so I'm not getting overly confident. The people here are always willing to listen and help and its really great. I hope my issue can help others with there's . I am going to end this thread that I started. I hope not to restart it again!!!

Comment

now your putting words out that I never said.
            if you ran the VST vent tube outside the airbox then your diagnoisis was wrong to start with. if the motor starts and runs better with the vent hose outside it is not and cannot be a fuel starvation. an overrich A/F mix in the airbox at hot restart but not starvation.
            an easier way to find it would have been to simply open the shutters using the free button on the control box. that would have allowed more air.

Comment

I wasn't trying to be insulting I was just stating what was said before about my fuel issue and the advice given was to help me with the problem described .I'm just a guy trying to fix his motor .

Comment

Will there be an issue with the direct venting? As far as coming off plane. Some motors get fairly buried with water as the boat settles. Can water run back up that hose???

Comment

I think it vents out but Iím not sure if it takes air in .

Comment

Working...
                  X