Fuel starvation yamaha f225

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nice vid.
    Ok, so I heard the LP pump cycle on - twice - for its normal routine of 10 second on, 20 second off
    could see a slight "ripple" in the level of the filter bowl when that began -

so you've confirmed that "electrically" everything is in order

should there have been a more visible difference while it was running?
    I don't know

Comment

My F115 keeps that container full up to the top not down at the bottom of the filter itself.
      Dennis
      Keep life simple, eat, sleep, fish, repeat!

Comment

Originally posted by marchmadness View Post
        I put a short video . Rod bolt said to watch the cup at idle
        Was this video taken under the same conditions as when the problem occurs, engine running for some time, heat soaked, then shut down and restarted?
        Or was it just taken after a cold start at the dock for instance.

If it was a cold start video then you know what the flow through the filter looks like before a good run...Go out and get the engine heat soaked,shut down and wait and restart (you said you can it started usually but won't take any throttle) Take another video of the filter while the problem is occurring at idle.See if there is any difference between the two videos...

Hope that is clear as mud.

Comment

You said it worked fine for a year. So I wonder what seasons differences there are e.g.in the fuel mix. And any other operational variation? Just throwing in a bit of lateral thought, maybe that engine a bit "sensitive".

Comment

What I see was a fuel bowl that was 3/4 full with little change, that tells me that the vst was full and the fuel was going in the loop. the video was taken after I reinstalled the vst on land in a bucket . The fuel was in the boat stored for the winter. The motor ran the rest of last year without the issue after I changed the pressure relief valve. That's whats frustrating the %^%$^%$ out of me. I ran the motor yesterday and normal as usual. I posted the video to answer the question was that normal at idle. And yes its twin never says a word I feel like I have an emotionally disturbed motor. I hope to be out today and maybe have more info.

Comment

What I did .I pressurized the system with air , I sprayed the joints with a little soapy water looking for bubbles. I noticed maybe some small leak at the "T" at the lift pump/ pressure relief valve. Also I did have a leak at the connector from the boat to the motor . I did put screw type clamps instead of zip ties.
              Last edited by marchmadness; 05-26-2018, 07:26 AM.

Comment

Screw type clamps are not the best for a perfect seal. A zip tie provides a better even pressure around a hose for sealing but have limited hose holding on fitting ability when there is a lot of pressure of fuel within the hose. There are good clamps out there that have been mentioned on this forum.
                I guess a small leak is what you are looking for (after all you have already done over this time).

Comment

Oetiker clamps are the best for a line that has pressure, but pricey. Jipp ties are good also if they have a radius to form around a hose.

Comment

never heard of jipp ties

Comment

zipp sorry

Comment

A lot of zip ties do not form well to round objects.
                        need to make sure you get the proper ones if using for hoses.

also a lot of worm clamps have flat spots that can cause bad seal

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
                          A lot of zip ties do not form well to round objects.
                          need to make sure you get the proper ones if using for hoses.

also a lot of worm clamps have flat spots that can cause bad seal
                          I bought some of “special” fuel line Yamaha zip ties. Have a couple left. I put one next to a cheap Lowe’s version and could not tell a difference. The edges were not rounded any more than the other. $1.50 each I believe.

Comment

Ok here we go went to the boat this morning fuel cup full squeeze the ball a couple of times and then proceeded out with no problem. Ran for about 30 minutes shut it down about 30 minutes drift. Checked motor fuel cup full squeeze a primer ball a little soft but filled. Started up get up on plane about 2000 RPM and it died. Squeeze the full started up died again. Did it for a third time and it didn’t die.

Comment

but was the fuel cup full or not when it died??
                              Last edited by 99yam40; 05-26-2018, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Just know I idled it and it died and the fuel cup is full

Comment

Working...
                                X