06 F60TLR possible vapor lock ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cpostis View Post
    Yes, the blockage was after the fuel cooler exit hose at the nipple to the exhaust guide. But, this will not flow through the motor, it will run down the mid section. Think of the attached diagram as a branch of the water pump supply. One branch flows through the hoses, fittings, and fuel cooler. The other branch ( not shown) feeds the block and heads through the thermostats. See this attached diagram.
    I did not mean to say it ran through the motor after the cooler , just into the exhaust stack.
    just strange that TT shows flow but is not an indicator that there is flow thru the cooler itself.
    still has to have some restriction in TT to keep from too much water exiting so there is enough for the cooler

Comment

• it is to simple to unclip the hose at the T and blow through the cooler.

Comment

• I am sure not knowing how the water circulated in the beginning was the reason he did not try that.

now the OP, me, and other know better and that the tell tail is not an indicator or water flow through the cooler itself

Makes me think about how many other motors are set up like this also.
        Need to trace out the water flow on any with coolers and clear them from time to time maybe before problems show up just to make sure
        Last edited by 99yam40; 08-06-2016, 08:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X