85 9.9 4stroke carb schematic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 85 9.9 4stroke carb schematic

hi; i've looked all over but i can't seem to find a scematic for my 85 9.9 four stroke, i'm not sure what direction the main valve(?) should be facing. also my oil is getting saturated with gas, any ideas? thanks in advance guys

1985 F9.9SK Yamaha Outboard VALVE Diagram and Parts

Comment

Originally posted by howie597 View Post
      hi; i've looked all over but i can't seem to find a scematic for my 85 9.9 four stroke, i'm not sure what direction the main valve(?) should be facing. also my oil is getting saturated with gas, any ideas? thanks in advance guys
      what is this main valve you speak of?

thermostat stuck open causes a cold motor and could cause gas in oil.
      so can over propped lugging the motor.

too much idle or *****ing time can also

Comment

sorry, it's the "main nozzle", and we do ***** for hours
        Last edited by howie597; 05-15-2016, 12:00 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Per the header of your post, I think your referring to the carb:

1985 F9.9SK Yamaha Outboard CARBURETOR Diagram and Parts

The jets are tightened down fully, there is no adjustment (inside the float bowl)(short of swapping jets).

If you can post, from the link above EXACTLY what part your referring to would help..
          If its part #9, it appears the "taller part" faces the engine (per the pic).

Re oil and gas, what exactly is the issue??
          Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 05-15-2016, 07:04 AM.
          Scott
          1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

yes, it is part #9, i have burned less then 5 gallons of fuel since the last oil change and when i checked the oil level it was about a 1/2" high and it does burn a bit of oil so i had figured it would be low. the oil looked thin though, so i poured some on a stick and put a lighter to it and it started burning,for comparison i tried doing the same with oil from my truck and it did start up like the outboard gas did.

Comment

yes, it is part #9, i have burned less then 5 gallons of fuel since the last oil change and when i checked the oil level it was about a 1/2" high and it does burn a bit of oil so i had figured it would be low. the oil looked thin though, so i poured some on a stick and put a lighter to it and it started burning,for comparison i tried doing the same with oil from my truck and it did start up like the outboard gas did.
              Can you smell gasoline in the oil?

Being a 1985 motor, 31 years old, I think I'd be looking at rebuilding the carb, checking spec's and especially checking that the float itself is not leaking, thus allowing fuel to continuously enter the carb when the engine's running (not close off when the float rises).

Re part #9, why do you ask?
              Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 05-15-2016, 12:31 PM.
              Scott

Comment

because in the previous post you referred to it as part #9. the fuel nozzle

Comment

i'm not sure what direction the main valve(?) should be facing.
                  I believe this is why he was asking

Comment

Thanks ^^^
                    Scott

Comment

thanks guys,
                      Last edited by howie597; 05-18-2016, 11:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X