Yamaha 115 2 stroke overheat warning light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha 115 2 stroke overheat warning light

I have a brand new 115 HP 2stroke with 9 hrs on it. On the tach with the temperature there is a warning light blinking but the motor does not shut down to 2000 RPM like the manual says it would do if it does overheat. Also water is coming from the pee-hole
    JMB

Is it still under warranty? Take it back to the dealer and let them work on it. Sounds like a possible gauge wiring problem or even a bad gauge. You can try connecting the two leads off one of the overheat sensors in the heads (connect the two leads together and turn on the key...) you should get an overheat alarm buzzer from the console area. If you get the buzzer I'd say it's just a gauge problem.

Mike

Comment

The motor is under warranty but I bought the packaged used w/ 7 hrs on it. Do you think it can be anything with the dip switches
      JMB

Comment

Are you using a Yamaha wiring harness from the motor to the gauges? Or did someone just rig up something? Because the Yamaha harness is color coded and pretty much plug-n-play with everything. It really just sounds like the gauge isn't wired correctly or has an internal problem.

Here's a link to the Tach information card, or how to set the dip switches:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...igitalTach.jpg

But I don't know for sure if any combination of dip switch settings would give you a flashing TEMP warning light. I haven't seen it.
        But you can take a look at 'em and see.

Mike

Comment

Had dealer look at it was the dip switches which were still set at factory settings. Corrected settings and not a problem now
          JMB

Comment

Working...
          X