Yamaha 4 stroke IAC or ISC Valve aka mitsubishi IAC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
    The prices charged by Yamaha USA are absurd.
    You donīt know how lucky you are LOL

Comment

Originally posted by mokaction View Post
      I just pulled out the bearing and took the bearing apart, there was no sign of rust, but it would not turn freely.

I took of the sides and cleaned it out with carb cleaner and now it is smooth as silk. That bearing was totally frozen.
      Referring back to the pics in your post #1 - in which assembly was this bearing installed and what, if not rust, was preventing the free movement of the bearing? You mentioned that it was the "bearing on the magnet" but I can't seem to visualize its location.

Ray

Comment

Here is the pic, I don't know what cause it to freeze up. I didn't notice any rust or anything.. I did spray it down with carb cleaner and moved it around till it freed up.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by mokaction; 04-13-2016, 04:56 PM.

Comment

when putting back together, don't get this measurement wrong.. attached pic.. 21/36"
          Attached Files
          Last edited by mokaction; 04-13-2016, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Here is the pic
            Ahh, got it, thanks.

Comment

OK here is the follow up.

I put in a new bearing in the ISC and have run it for over 5 hours this weekend. Temp of the unit is around 100 to 140 degrees during the day. used a lazer temp gun.

Also the JB wield is holding up well, since the ICS is sitting in a vacuum chamber there is really no stress on the repair. The bearing is a high temp hybrid ceramic stainless steel bearing. It will withstand more abuse then the stock one.

Will keep you guys posted.

Pics is of my horrorable glue job.. LOL
              Attached Files

Comment

OK here is the follow up.

I put in a new bearing in the ISC and have run it for over 5 hours this weekend. Temp of the unit is around 100 to 140 degrees during the day. used a lazer temp gun.

Also the JB wield is holding up well, since the ICS is sitting in a vacuum chamber there is really no stress on the repair. The bearing is a high temp hybrid ceramic stainless steel bearing. It will withstand more abuse then the stock one.

Will keep you guys posted.

Pics is of my horrorable glue job.. LOL
                Hi sir. How do u dissambled the isc? Cut it ?

Comment

How is that is holding up? Great thread!

Comment

Originally posted by Masonmobilemarine View Post
                    How is that is holding up? Great thread!
                    Masonmobile, still holding up since 2016..

Comment

Originally posted by scottcmb1965 View Post
                      Im also searching different avenues for sensors and control valves for the two F150's that I am currently fully rebuilding. I have found this so far for the oil pressure sensor on the F150's...... matches the numbers that are on the genuine sensor itself Pressure Sensor Pressure Switch Pressure Valve Pressure Control Valve for 42CP2-9

it is identical and a hell of a lot cheaper than what Yamaha want for this particular part. My next search is the ISC and MAP sensors..... will post up what I find.

Cheers
                      Scotty
                      Can you post a new link for that oil pressure sensor? I actually need to buy one

Comment

Working...
                      X