Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 97 P200TLRV Fly Wheel

Good day all,

A good friend is rebuilding a 97 P200TLRV for me and the powerhead needs a new fly wheel. (Crankshaft broke off just above the main bearing).

The part number for the fly wheel I need is 64D-85550-00-00. There are a lot of fly wheels with the 64D-85550-02-00 part number on ebay. I have been told be a seller that the last 4 numbers don't mean anything and the part will fit my engine.

Can anyone here confirm before I buy the wrong part?

Thanks in advance for your time!

Marty

Per the parts fisch using the different #, it does NOT fit (starts a year later and your engine isn't listed in the cross fitting):

64D-85550-02-00 YAMAHA ROTOR ASSY
    Scott
    1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Originally posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post
      Per the parts fisch using the different #, it does NOT fit (starts a year later and your engine isn't listed in the cross fitting):

64D-85550-02-00 YAMAHA ROTOR ASSY
      Thank you for the quick reply!

I agree with you that the 64D-85550-02-00 part on boats.net does not show compatibility.

However, I've looked at a few different sources, and they say that the 64D-85550-00-00 part is obsolete, and they refer to a replacement part, 64D-85550-01-00 that is also obsolete.

So here's why I'm confused why the fly wheel would be different between the -02-00 and 00-00 parts.

For example, I found a used fly wheel for a 98 S150TLRW for sale and its part number is 64D-85550-02-0. But the crankshaft, main bearing, stator, coil, crank position sender, woodruff key, etc... are all the same parts between the 97 P200TLRV.

Thanks for your input!

Marty

Comment

A -02-00 should supercede from a -01-00.

I am guessing that Yamaha data is screwed up. Give me a day to sort this out and I will get back to you.

Comment

Boscoe has access to way more info than mortal men.

He'll let ya know with certainty.

Just curious, as that flywheel is pretty da.n stout, it got damaged coming off with the crank??? That's some serious damage/ racket!!!
          Scott
          1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

My POC tells me that the -02-00 flywheel will work on your model motor. Worst that can (not will) happen is that there may be some interference with the flywheel cover. In which case you can decide to leave the flywheel cover off, modify it to remove any interference, or purchase a later version of the flywheel cover.

Comment

You guys are more than excellent! Thank you for the info. If I ever see you in real life, I owe you a round of beers!

As far as the damaged fly wheel, there was some dings/dents on it, and the guy rebuilding was worried about it being off balance. Nothing major; however, if I can buy a used one for a couple hundred bucks it's worth it.

Have a good afternoon.

Comment

Working...
              X