Oil tank sending unit wiring.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil tank sending unit wiring.

On the top of the oil tank sending unit there are 2 short (very short) wires (the oil tank in the boat, not the motor) I had an issue with the connection plug a few years back and changed it over to wire butt them directly. Over the course of time (and saltwater) the wire corroded and one came completely out of the rubber cap. My question is: Can I just bridge these wires and close the circuit? I understand that I will no longer have an oil gauge (will it always read full?). That's not an issue because I top the tanks off every trip, and have been doing so since 2002. What are my options? I don;t want to pay $110 for a new sending unit.

2001 HPDI 150
    Insufficient Fund$ II - 26' Paramount, twin Yamaha 150 HPDI's
    Sometimes you eat the bear, Sometimes the bear eats you!

Yes you can jumper the wires together. Against your better judgement of course.

The yellow light or icon indicating low oil in the remote tank will never illuminate but you seem to know that. If and when the main oil tank gets low then the horn will sound and all three lights will illuminate or all three icons will flash.

Comment

Thanks Boscoe99, That answers my question. I have never had an issue with low oil in the main tanks. I top them off before each trip.
      Insufficient Fund$ II - 26' Paramount, twin Yamaha 150 HPDI's
      Sometimes you eat the bear, Sometimes the bear eats you!

Comment

Working...
      X