YDS, version 1.33, diagnostic question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YDS, version 1.33, diagnostic question

I very recently purchased from from BRP diagnostics (per a recommendation posted by Boscoe) a YDS 1.33 version;

YAMAHA YDS/YDIS DIAGNOSTIC SYSTEM , WAVERUNNER & OUTBOARD 60V-WS850-00-00

I just read a post by Rodbolt that the YDIS 2.2 version (latest I believe) is what he uses.

I've read there's a different version for after year 2011.

Is this version that I have, the latest, appropriate system for my 06 F150???
    (for the non-professional)

Thanks ahead of time..
    Scott
    1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

1.33 will work fine on a 2006 motor.
    it wont work on a DEC motor or most with variable cam timing in the post 2012 area.

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
      1.33 will work fine on a 2006 motor.
      it wont work on a DEC motor or most with variable cam timing in the post 2012 area.
      Actual assembly date was 11-2005.

Excellent, thank you Rod...
      Scott

Comment

Glad you brought this up, Scott

I read that post, and was about to start a new thread, myself

I thought what Rod was saying,

was that 2.2 would somehow extract better information than 1.33, even on an older engine

But re-reading it, I guess the points he was making were

- a "real" Yamaha tech would simply be using 2.2 at this point

- a non-Yamaha software (apparently thats what MEDS is) may report bad info

Comment

No problem.

Just wanted to make sure I didn't get an old, outdated version. It does ship VERY QUICKLY from " Down under".

I haven't loaded it in the lap top yet, waiting on my computer friend to come back down from Co.

The last thing I need to do is plug it in and screw up the engine (which is running fine)

(I'm a "tool-a-holic", and love new gadgets/tools, etc!)..

As noted, (and on that link), the newer motors use a different unit for diagnostic's.

For $125 shipped to the US, I didn't think you can go wrong, especially once comfortable with it...
          Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 01-27-2016, 10:28 AM.
          Scott

Comment

1.33 is an older version of YDIS. But, it fully supports older models.

Newer models of motors have more output data. Later versions of the software are needed to extract that data.

Yamaha used to release 1.33 to end users. Then they stopped. Later versions are no longer available to we consumers. Dealers are not supposed to be selling them.

Comment

This one was one you recommended in a thread, their in Australia. I e-mailed him, told him what I had and said it would work fine with my motor/lap top.

Hopefully, I won't need it..
              Scott

Comment

YDS 1.33 and '08 F350 with warranty replaced ECM

Will software version 1.33 work with the new ECMs being replaced on F350s during the warranty work due to the flywheel issues? My engine's are '08s, but new ECM were installed in '15... thanks for any help!

Comment

Originally posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post
                  This one was one you recommended in a thread, their in Australia. I e-mailed him, told him what I had and said it would work fine with my motor/lap top.

Hopefully, I won't need it..
                  My YDS 1.33 works perfectly on my 2010 F150 (which has the latest #38 ECM)... if you are running windows 10 operating system on your laptop you might have to download the latest chipset drivers ( chipset thats in the dongle) to get it to communicate.... if you have probs... PM me ... will be glad to help

Cheers Scotty

Comment

Theres alseo a bluetooth version of YDIS look up YDIS Smart on your app store. Of course only dealers can use it and im not sure if it is available in murica

Comment

Originally posted by scottcmb1965 View Post
                      My YDS 1.33 works perfectly on my 2010 F150 (which has the latest #38 ECM)... if you are running windows 10 operating system on your laptop you might have to download the latest chipset drivers ( chipset thats in the dongle) to get it to communicate.... if you have probs... PM me ... will be glad to help

Cheers Scotty
                      I still haven't installed it yet in the lap top. My neighbors (computer guru) is coming down next week and we'll probably do it then and try plugging into the engine for S&G's . Yes I do have Windows 10 on the lap top.

Almost afraid to hook it up. The engine runs great and don't want to find something amiss...
                      Scott

Comment

Originally posted by greasyshaft View Post
                        Theres alseo a bluetooth version of YDIS look up YDIS Smart on your app store. Of course only dealers can use it and im not sure if it is available in murica
                        It is available and I use it, has some bad information on HPDI motors,

Comment

do the motors ECUs send this info directly to the lap top by bluetooth or is there something to hook up to motor to transfer the info?

Just curious

edit never mind I found out
                          To use YDIS Smart, a dedicated adapter and the registration information for the main software (YDIS PC version) will be required.
                          Last edited by 99yam40; 08-09-2016, 08:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by scottcmb1965 View Post

Cheers Scotty
                            Link for Instruction Manual:
                            http://www.orebrobildiagnos.se/OBD2/...ion_Manual.pdf

Scott,
                            Let us know how it works w/Windows 10, or what you had to do to get it work.
                            Chuck,
                            1997 Mako 191 w/2001 Yamaha SX150 TXRZ Pushing Her

Comment

Originally posted by cpostis View Post
                              Link for Instruction Manual:
                              http://www.orebrobildiagnos.se/OBD2/...ion_Manual.pdf

Scott,
                              Let us know how it works w/Windows 10, or what you had to do to get it work.
                              Yes I will. It won't be for at least another week till he comes down...

Windows 10 just did a major update a couple days ago. I've since had some full puter lock ups since then (never before).

I'm waiting for another update to fix this last update....
                              Scott

Comment

Working...
                              X