• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Color codes for Yamaha outboards!!

Are they possible to find?

Or may i just use one who looks like!

Im not gonna pay a shitload of money for Yamahas paint

The paint comes from color rite, and if you want matching paint your gonna do just that. So just break out the wallet and bend over.

Comment

Bend over is right. I just bought a rattle can of paint yesterday at our Home Depot and it was six bucks for Christ's sake. A bad part of getting old is remembering how cheap stuff once was. I was expecting a buck a can.

Yamaha paint is Color Rite paint and I agree it is not worth the bucks IMO. Usually it will not be a good match given that the paint on the motor will have faded over time. It is hard to match paint no matter what the condition of the motor really.

And if it is just a lower unit that is being painted then does it really matter? The lower unit can live a rough life and its paint might not be around for a long time.

For the upper parts of the motor, particularly say a cowling, I find it better to just contact an automotive paint supplier and see if they will computer match a batch of paint for you. Just like our local hardware stores can do with house paint. You will be able to get primers, top coats and clear coats that all match as part of a paint "system". Get your decals made at a local graphics company and you can save some big bucks. Some customize their cowlings by using later graphic versions on older motors to help give the motor an "updated" look.

If you are looking for the specific color code used on a painted part then inspect the part number. The last two characters will denote the paint code. Take an F150 lower unit for instance. The part number is 63P-45300-13-8D. 8D is the paint code.

With respect to Yamaha color codes there are over a thousand of them. But fortunately in the case of Yamaha outboard motors there are not so many. Color rite has them listed at their website http://www.colorrite.com/wizardresults.cfm

Comment

Okay thanks...Then i think i will have it custom painted to match my Checkmate Starflite

Comment

Hi!

What colour are you looking for?

My rebuilt F40 was painted on my friend auto paint shop (garage) and used the colour that my local Yamaha dealer use when painting used motors for sale.

Its not the exactely the same colour that Yamaha use but is very "close" and you just will notice the diference if you have a original painting side by side.

With less than 40€/$40 bought the complete set of graphics also not exactely as original graphics but you just will notice the diference side by side or looking carefully.

The colour is from Honda and is used on their cars

Honda NH674P "cosmic gray" variant B1

Comment

A good paint

about 15-19 bucks a can....cheap paint isn't for a outboard or I/O,, IMO

Comment

go to a auto paint store i used ppg # 39026

Comment

New cowl 40 hp 4 stroke

Hey - New to The forums I hopefully I am not breaking any policies
                Do you know where to acquire a new cowl (cover) for my 40 hp ? Think it's exactly same as in almetelo's picture.
                Someone kicked mine and it broke. Was thinking to repair it but I don't feel comfortable with glasfiber that close to the engine.

Comment

Who kicked it? Ex wife?

Comment

Originally posted by Nisgaard View Post
                    Do you know where to acquire a new cowl (cover) for my 40 hp ? Think it's exactly same as in almetelo's picture.
                    Someone kicked mine and it broke. Was thinking to repair it but I don't feel comfortable with glasfiber that close to the engine.
                    Need a complete model of your motor. Here a link to several F40 top cowlings. But you want to be absolutely sure before you order one that it will fix your motor.

2006 and Later F40BTLR Yamaha Outboard TOP COWLING Diagram and Parts

Comment

Originally posted by Nisgaard View Post
                      What is your concern wit having fiberglass close to the engine?

Comment

what is this cowling made of?
                        fiberglass?

Comment

Working...
                        X