LF150 TXR trim tilt problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LF150 TXR trim tilt problem

The motor will not trim/tilt up. Boat is in the water. I used the release screw and was able to get the motor up. The trim motor sounds fine and no oil slick around the pistons. The two trim pistons are still fully recessed so unable to check for fluid level. Can anyone give me some advise on what to do next? Is there a way to get the two trim pistons to manually extend?
    Thanks

if the pump motor runs its most likely out of fluid.

Comment

Get it out of the water, put the engine on the MANUAL LEVER TO SUPPORT IT, then try.

The rams have to be fully extended to check the fluid/top off.

To clarify, the trim motor runs when the button is pushed UP AND DOWN??
      Scott
      1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Thanks for your input. I pulled the boat and checked the fluid level. I wasn't able to add very much before it overflowed. After running both motors up and down together to compare I found that the one in question was struggling during the trim phase or lower phase of the lift, as soon as it hit the second stage or tilt piston it ran fine. Could there be another issue causing this?
        Thanks again,
        Chris

Comment

Just to confirm, you topped off the fluid with ALL THE RAMS extended and the engine held up with the MECHANICAL LEVER?

You may have to run the trim up and down several times to get all the air out and top off again.

If that doesn't fix it, you likely have issues inside.

Someone else will chime re that
          Scott

Comment

Also, if you leave the engine tilted UP on the mechanical lever, then push DOWN on the trim switch, it should pull those TRIM RAMS IN (and out).

You can then work those alone, but stop once you get to their limits..
            Scott

Comment

Thanks again for the input. Yes they cycle now, just alot slower then the right side motor. Cycled and checked thre evolutions, I'll try cycling it more and check the level. If that doesn't work could the seals / o-rings inside be the cause?
              Chris

Comment

Originally posted by jcmgwest View Post
                If that doesn't work could the seals / o-rings inside be the cause?
                Chris
                IDK, but I would think so.

Someone more knowledgeable will have to chime in.
                Scott

Comment

Still sluggish after cycling and adding during the lower lift with the 2 pistons.

Comment

Thanks for the input. Haven't seen any wetness around the seals. The 2 motors are 2007. The ran identicle righ up until this current issue. Wondered if the internal orings need attention?
                    Chris

Comment

Working...
                    X