No announcement yet.

25 HP 2 stroke water fuel separator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rod was referring to the vented caps, you have to protect the open vents from water splashing ,spraying, and rain.. which you know now.
    I take my 6 gallon tank out of boat and store in a shed out of the sun light and rain when not in use.
    If you close the vent and keep inside it does not breath much to collect moisture from the air.

I use the boat often and never add anything to fuel except in jan and feb when I do not fish much., then I use some Startron.

Or do a decarb every couple of years, with seafoam

Comment

No probs moving tank out of boat when washing down. After I threw the cast net the other night, i washed out the well of boat w seawater then just openned the plug when running to wash out all the scales and whatnot. It was then that I believe water got into tank. I put the non-vented cap back on today. Ill just have to keep a close eye on the pressure that builds.

Originally posted by SeaDawg3 View Post
      WM prices are out of control, it pays for all the greetings you get at the door, lol

if the tank is portable why not move it off the boat when washing?

I have under deck tanks, normally I would mock up an electric 12V fuel pump and siphon the gas out into 5 gallon jugs, later to be burned in my truck, if and when I need to do that.
      protecting the tank is an option as mentioned above.

if you still experience wot issues after this next "cleaning of the tank"
      you have other issues.

aren`t you supposed to keep the vent open while running?
      Jason
      1998 S115TLRW + 1976 Aquasport 170

Comment

The OP needs a picture or such to make the cover.
        Or does he need to inVENT this himself?

Comment

yep watch the pressure in tank sitting in sun. Not sure if these new tanks will release pressure or at what pressure they will do it if the do.

Some years ago I had a bulb rupture on an old Evenrude metal tank set up sitting in the sun for a couple of hours. Dumped a few gallons of fuel/oil mix in back of boat. Luckily it was on the trailer not on the water out away from the dock

Comment

Originally posted by Jason2tpa View Post
            Oh and also, i was told by the guys at westmarine that condensation builds inside the tank. So a small amount of water can always get into the tank. And thats why having an water-fuel separator is recommended. Your thoughts?
            I have been using a metal 6-gallon tank on my 35 HP Mercury since 1987, no condensation and I live on the Gulf of Mexico, very humid. I also have a newer 6-gallon plastic tank from 1997, no condensation. I must be doing something wrong?

Comment

Working...
            X