25 ELJ wiring help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 25 ELJ wiring help

Hi all, I just signed up, have 2 Yamaha motors (250 SHO and 25 ELJ). I'm looking for a bit of help with my 25. I purchased ignition and wiring harnesses, but need a bit of help connecting to the motor. Is there a plug, or do I need to wire direct? My local shop had no idea of a plug...It currently is set up to run off the motor, although it is not a tiller. Has ignition, kill, choke. Where can I find the female end of the plug I need?

Thank you in advance

the ELJ doesn't have provisions for remote start.
    that would be a ELRJ.

Comment

Ok. I appreciate that, and can understand it. How do I do it? I purchased the motor unseen for a rebuild on a boat. I was told it had, at 1 time, all controls through ignition. There must be a way, even if I have to individually wire to a plug....? NO?

Comment

either buy the engine harness or cut and splice.
        its relatively simple but cutting and splicing can look ugly.

Comment

Originally posted by bassfanpa View Post
          Hi all, I just signed up, have 2 Yamaha motors (250 SHO and 25 ELJ). I'm looking for a bit of help with my 25. I purchased ignition and wiring harnesses, but need a bit of help connecting to the motor. Is there a plug, or do I need to wire direct? My local shop had no idea of a plug...It currently is set up to run off the motor, although it is not a tiller. Has ignition, kill, choke. Where can I find the female end of the plug I need?

Thank you in advance
          What exactly did you purchase? What exactly do you want to do? Start, shift, throttle and stop the motor from a remote location or ???

Thinking out loud, I would have started with a seven pin 703 control box. This box has the key switch (start/run/stop) and kill switch built into it. It also has the main engine electrical harness that runs from the control box to the motor.

2015_Yamaha_MRP

You could either cut the seven pin connector from the 703 harness and splice it to the appropriate electrical wires under the cowl or you better still could obtain a used/new seven pin connector that you splice to the engine wires so that the 703 harness will plug and play with the added connector on the motor.

Wire colors are standard so simply connect red/red, yellow/yellow, brown/brown, black/black, white/white, blue/blue, green/green.

Comment

Working...
          X