Yamaha 150 TXRC carb float question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dbranco00 View Post
    Did not even think of that!! Damn. That's Right THE Oil Gets INJECTED After So I Could Run Right Off THE Bulb With REG gas.
    I also already dumped 3 cans of sea foam in tank
    The Seafoam certainly won't hurt anything and diluted in 90 gallons, its effects will be minimal. I use Seafoam mostly for storing engines(put in the top end), but Seafoam isn't NEARLY as effective as Ringfree.

My 01 Four Runner (16,000 miles) started getting a higher than normal idle( the fuel system was NEVER serviced). Put in several doses of RF, 2-3X the recommended amount, cleared it up over some time(couple of weeks slow improvement. Now, it idles 600 in gear, about 650 with A/C on. Before it was about 2-300 RPM's higher. NO other servicing, period...

I run it in EVERY GAS ENGINE I own and it goes in every customers machine I fix (easily 90% fuel issues). Haven't pulled any of my carbs apart since using it. Original VST filter, injectors, etc in my F150 OB as well(never pulled/cleaned, etc)
    Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 09-01-2015, 07:25 AM.
    Scott
    1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Originally posted by zenoahphobic View Post
      Inversion can exert more force and damage the seats slightly.
      metal seats do not get damaged by rubber tip needles with a small amount of force or even a large amount.
      Needle tip possible, but not the seat.

trash in the seat, corrosion, or damage by someone poking something hard through it are the main causes of seat problems.

Comment

Blow into the inlet at the same time moving the float up and down. In the valve closed position (Float up) you should not be able to blow . You sure the floats are floating ??

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
          metal seats do not get damaged by rubber tip needles with a small amount of force or even a large amount.
          Needle tip possible, but not the seat.

trash in the seat, corrosion, or damage by someone poking something hard through it are the main causes of seat problems.
          Yes,sorry meant the rubber tip

Comment

Dunked floats in water (floated nicely). Figured gas may have permeated into floats causing problems so weighed each float. All weighed exactly 70 grams so floats appear to be sound. Engine running well now with no gas leakage. Will get a few spare needle valves though. $13+ seems pretty steep for the valves but I guess its cheap compared to a lot of other things that could have been wrong. Thanks again for the help - Al

Comment

Working...
            X