Ring Free

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ring Free

What is the difference between Ring Free and Ring Free Plus?

Yamaha states that Ring Free Plus contains corrosion inhibitors to help counteract the corrosive effects of ethanol laden gas.

Comment

Ringfree Plus has a fuel stabilizer built into it to help prevent fuel degrading over time...

Comment

Originally posted by robert graham View Post
        Ringfree Plus has a fuel stabilizer built into it to help prevent fuel degrading over time...
        Actually, this does not appear to be the case. Check the Yamaha website under Maintenance Matters - Fuel Systems - you will see that they specifically recommend "treat each tank with Yamahalube Fuel Stabilizer and Conditioner Plus and Ring Free Plus." The "Plus" was added to Ring Free in 2010 when they added anticorrosion additives to the original Ring Free formula. The stabilizer is a separate product. I use Stabil but that is only out of habit.

Comment

Well I use the Ringfree Plus, and out of habit I still use Stabil....but so far after 15 years running no fuel problems....but I do drain each carb for lengthy motor lay-ups....

Comment

On the back of the RF Plus bottle, it actually says it can be used with Yamaha fuel stabilizer..

I use it religiously in EVERY gas engine (including the SUV) I own or repair..

I had a bad experience with Stabil and won't use it. Had a carb varnish up about a month later after using it..

K100 with Non-ethanol fuel takes care of my fuel.. Highly recommended..
            Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 08-01-2015, 08:52 PM.
            Scott
            1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Working...
            X