Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FL250DET twin, active light won't light up...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FL250DET twin, active light won't light up...

Hi

I have a problem with a F250 4.2L responding.

the power head has just been replaced and now it won't behave...
    The other engine works i.e. it's active light comes on on key-in, shifts, starts and runs.

The unresponsive engine gives a buzzing sound from the throttle like the other one, trimes up and down and the command link reports no errors but that's it, shift motor does not move and it does not crank over.

And here is the strange part, when I swapped out the control (DTS) for a new one, nether engine illuminated it's active light or responded to crank command.

I'm all out of ideas, any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards, Gunnar

When the new control box was installed did you do a reset using YDIS? If not, your motors won't talk to your control box, or vice versa.

Comment

Thanks for the help boscoe99

I swapped the ECU for the one off the previus powerhead and all is well now. Apparently, engine and control are bonded for life...

Regards, Gunnar

Comment

did you try the control box reset with YDIS ?

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnar00 View Post
          Thanks for the help boscoe99

I swapped the ECU for the one off the previus powerhead and all is well now. Apparently, engine and control are bonded for life...

Regards, Gunnar
          They can be divorced and remarried to other engines/control boxes but it takes Judge YDIS to issue the divorce decree so a second marriage can happen. Polygamy is prohibited by Yamaha law.

With the advent of jay/homo marriage here in the states I wonder if Yamaha is going to have to engineer a way for male fittings to mate with male fittings and for female fittings to mate with female fittings? Hmmm.
          Last edited by boscoe99; 07-16-2015, 09:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
            With the advent of jay/homo marriage here in the states I wonder if Yamaha is going to have to engineer a way for male fittings to mate with male fittings and for female fittings to mate with female fittings? Hmmm.

Hot coffee in the nose burns.

Comment

but how do you divorce inlaws and grandparents?

Comment

Just tell them to take a hike,
                but I never tried it before.
                Never tried to talk to the inlaws after the big D

Comment

Working...
                X