1995 Yamaha 85HP water pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1995 Yamaha 85HP water pump

Water pump replacement for a 1995 Yamaha 85HP.
    In the repair kit there are three gaskets, and "O" ring plus metal plate, impeller housing , impeller cup, impeller, bolts, key and water tube gasket. My manual isn't clear about the three gaskets or "O" ring.
    When I took the water pump apart there was two gaskets with the metal plate between the two gaskets; there was no "O" ring.
    Where does the third gasket go? The "O" ring, does it go in the grove inside the plastic housing? If not where? Note,If I put the "O" ring in the housing the impeller cup does not seat.
    Any and all guidance will be appreciated.
    Warner

Best Of Boating To You
    Best Of Boating To You

1995 C85TLRT Yamaha Outboard LOWER CASING DRIVE 1 Diagram and Parts

Comment

Bosco, thank you for the diagram. It appears the "O" ring goes under the gasket and water pump housing.
      Sure appreciate you help.
      Warner
      Best Of Boating To You

Comment

okay.
        however that kit also comes with a gasket and an oring that goes UNDER the oil seal carrier.
        unless you remove that housing you wont use 1 gasket .
        why they package it that way I have no clue.

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
          okay.
          however that kit also comes with a gasket and an oring that goes UNDER the oil seal carrier.
          unless you remove that housing you wont use 1 gasket .
          why they package it that way I have no clue.
          What is up with the Yamaha parts catalog when it comes to the item numbers and part numbers depicted in illustration repair kit 2, insofar as it lists each of the three gaskets twice? See below.

Comment

Working...
          X